1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Government Structure, Branches & Duties

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game V: Citizens' started by Chieftess, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

The will of the citizenry, do they want it removed? I have no idea, your post however seems to lean to having them removed, and I likely will sooner or later.

Also, posting almost the same thing over and over again is usually considered spam. Now do you understand why? Don't worry to much, I'll post a sub-draft and a final draft sooner or later.

2. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I copied it straight out of the DG5 constitution thread.

Also, thanks for clarifing that. I'll prolly end up removing it, better to just let the governors say what tiles they want improved, and let the DP decide when to do it during that turnchat (and with which workers). No need to appease Disorganizer, he's not here anymore :).

3. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

I made some changes, the major ones being the following:

Added Article Q. The Naming Commission (I will change Section Q.1 later to reflect the decisions made in the thread.)
    Added Section G.2. The Election Office
    Edited Section G.1 with the time/date of nominations/debates/elections.
    Added Section E.3 dealing with Mayors.

4. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I strongly support Strider's consitution :thumbsup:.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

I like this better than the last one you proposed, Stider. :thumbsup:

6. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Okay, I made some more changes in my sleep. Here's what edits I made:

Changed Section D.4 removing the confusing bit about "use of resources," and adding the responsibility of monitoring AI trades.

Changed Section D.1 removing the also confusing part about "worker allocation," I couldn't think of anything good to replace the lost text, so no additons were made.

Changed Section D.3 giving Military the ability to do unit upgrades (big opps).

Added the Preample :shiftyeyes: (Hey, I forgot... Give me a break)

Toyed around with the Common Sense Clause alittle bit, but ended up screwing everything up and dumping the entire idea. You may all release your breath now.

Added Article R. which outlaws Ravensfire and any variations of him.

Made a change to Article B. putting in the following: "excepting an amendment specifically tasked to do so."

Added Article R. (the real one this time) that outlaws Slate Polling and Political Parties. It's kind of to short for my liking, but I guess it gets the point across. But hell, if anyone can find a way to say the same thing while making it longer, tell me.

---------------

I need to create a "second book," because at this rate I'm going to run out of letters. Give me some input on this though.

I'm calling it a night, I'll let you guys most of tommorow morning and afternoon to review it some more and give me your input.

7. blackheart

blackheart unenlightened

You must have the sweetest dreams :lol:

Good riddance to the common sense clause, if people had common sense we wouldn't need it. ;)

I don't get what that change to Article B. means (typo error?)

Slate Polling? What's that?

8. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

slate polling is when a group votes only for members of that group in elections.

Also we should outlaw slate polling, but not political parties, political parties are people that believe in the same thing(i.e. strong military), which is different from slate polling(which should be outlawedd)

9. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Why Strider, I'm touched. I didn't know you cared so much. :rolleyes:

-- Ravensfire

10. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

The Added part I made, accounts for changes in executive, legislative, and Judicial Articles. For example, if we were to re-work the entire Judiciary mid-term and have say 2 Judicial Members instead of three, it would be confusing to make the switch mid-term. So the portion I added allows us to pass the article in this term, but it doesn't come into effect untill next term. (Quite possibly the most confusing paragraph I've ever written. Someone... please... save me)

All of Article B. basicly accounts for Organization of Departments/Judiciary. It makes this constitution the supreme law of the land and nothing can contradict it.

Edit: BTW, does anyone else have any comments/suggestions? If you don't like something, please, cuss me out over it. If a part is confusing to you, tell me. Any comments/suggestions would be nice.

11. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

I suggest this be rewritten as follows:

Governing laws and rules shall consist of these Articles of the Constitution, the Code of Laws, and any administrative rules that a governmental official shall propose and are accepted by the people. No law or rule shall be valid which is in contravention of this Constitution. The Constitution may be amended by vote of the citizenry.

12. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Made the edit with your clearer (is it clearer or more clear?) version of Article B. with a slight edit on my part.

This is how it ended up turning out:

13. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Made some more edits, so here's what I did:

Made some grammer corrections, if you find anymore grammer mistakes tell me.

Article A. now gives citizens the right to a fair and speedy trial, instead of just a fair one.
    Changed Section E.3 to say that Mayors are appointed by governors, forgot to make that apparant before.
    Rewrote Article R. It now covers Citizen Groups, as well as Slate Polling and Political Parties.

I was going to add some polling standards, but I decided instead to stop piling everything into one "Book," so expect a rewrite of the DG5 Code of Laws soon, including Polling Standards.

Edit: I'm also going to get all of this crap out of this thread. So once I'm finished with the Code Of Laws, I'll make a new thread including my constitution and code of law proposals.

14. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

The word is spelled "grammar."

15. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Thank you, but I meant more of the grammar mistakes in the Proposed Constitution. :lol:

16. YNCS

YNCS Ex-bubblehead

These may seem niggling corrections, but here they are. BTW, can you tell that I used to work as a proof-reader?

17. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

This discussion has a poll. It is also summed up in other government structure threads. This thread will now close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.