OFFICIAL DISCUSSION: Pre-amble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is the discussion to decide what our pre-amble should be. This shouldn't be the hard part, as we have 5 pre-ambles to choose from, or create a new one.

I beleve we should use the one from DG5 but change the names around to be apropreate for our nation's name for DG6.

Code:
We, the people of [i]Insert name here[/i], in order to create an atmosphere of 
friendship, cooperation, and pride, establish this Constitution of our 
beloved country. We uphold the beliefs that each citizen must 
have an equal voice in the government and ruling of our country, 
that government itself is a construct of and servant to the people,
that rules, regulations, and laws should be established to 
facilitate the active participation of the people and to make 
possible the dreams and desires of the citizens.

I'm with CG on this one , lets just use the old one and GET THE CORRECT NAME OF OUR NATION IN IT BEFORE THE END OF THE THIRD TERM

I agree, but that brings me to a new question: when exactly do we decide which civilization we're playing and what the name is?

If we do that too early we miss the opinions of immigrants who will pop in about the time we vote on a constitution. Putting the nation name in should be considered an edit and not require ratification above the poll to set the name in the first place. I'm thinking the game conditions discussions should commence about Feb 12th with polls closing around the 20th. The info can then be used as fodder in the campaign.

mhcarver said:
I'm with CG on this one , lets just use the old one and GET THE CORRECT NAME OF OUR NATION IN IT BEFORE THE END OF THE THIRD TERM
Hense why I added the tag "Insert Nation's Name Here" ;)

Ashburnham said:
I agree, but that brings me to a new question: when exactly do we decide which civilization we're playing and what the name is?
I beleve it usualy depends on what civilization we chose.

The approval poll has been posted here.

-- Ravensfire

The approval poll has passed. Discussion is now closed. Further discussion is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom