Official Firaxis Civilization IV Modding Contest

dshirk

Firaxian
The winners have been notified, including 2 from CivFanatics. Congratulations to the winners, and many thanks to those who entered!

Very nice contest. I can't wait to see the winners!

edit - does art include new LHs?

And why only US? You lock out 95% of the world / players! Bit unfair, and typical! :(

And why only US? You lock out 95% of the world / players! Bit unfair, and typical! :(
More than 5% of the player base of CIV4 is from the US, especially since this is a US-created game.

Wouldn't full historical mods be considered educational guys?

And an in-game asset to me should include python or SDK work, but who knows.

So that means a .WBS scenario with absolutely no scripting at all?

Sounds kind of boring. I think the most interesting non-educational, no graphical contestant will be a random map script that maybe creates a new game type.

Sadly it kind of makes sense they don't have a best "overall" mod contest, FFH2 would win easily.

Also it looks like they're just looking for small changes to the original game, such as better wonder graphics and map scrips, not actual mods.

Wouldn't full historical mods be considered educational guys?

And an in-game asset to me should include python or SDK work, but who knows.
You have to represnt an educational institution to submit educational mods, I thought about that angle for my environmental and global warming model (as in simulation, not a 3d thing that moves) but I don't qualify. And in-game asset seems to be focused entirely on art assets, it's a little more clear if you follow the link the the official page.

That link gives me a 404. Is that because I'm unamerican?
No. That link in first post gives me 404 error too.

I have to say this is a very nice contest. Best of luck to all the modders! :)

More than 5% of the player base of CIV4 is from the US, especially since this is a US-created game.

America could have 95% of the player base, but it still would only make 5% of the talent. ;)

My point still stands though, why not the rest of the world? To me it's another typical display of "we're better than the rest of the world" from a yank company. :rolleyes:

As an aside, this contest is U.S. only

:cringe:
I feel that i lost copetition without competiting :cry:

Good luck modders. The plus of this competition is that i would see beautiful graphics, scenarios and maps soon :)

Top Bottom