Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • New York Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Game 7 will start soon.
Calgarys players play with a BIG heart, there is no lost puck, no lost duel, they skate lot and fast, try hard.
Tampa Bay have much better and skilled player as I can notice, and peace of "luck".
Personaly, I'm not cheering for any of those teams, but it will be very funy if "Floridians" take Ice Hockey title. Decade ago they made joke and comedy moovies about that. So I prefer FLAMES TO WIN. But I think it'll be oposite.

PS Untill this 6 games, who scored first, win. So maybe we have not to wait long to see who will win this time.

After watching the finals, I'm seriously starting to wonder if hockey isn't fixed. There have been so many bad calls and lack of calls that I just can't help but wonder what the heck is going on.

After seeing the call on Pratt in the 3rd period, I think you may be right....

*cough* Bruins playoff this year *cough*

I doubt its fixed though. Hockey is really to hard to fix, goalies cant be 100% sure their going to save that one or that slap shot etc.

Daryl Sutter, has been saying Bettman wants the Tampa Bay Lightning to win to help develop hockey in the US.

Six words I never thought I'd be able to type consecutively...

Tampa Bay Lightning - Stanley Cup Champions

I watched my first Lightning game against San Jose in old Expo Hall, a 2-1 loss to the Sharks. This was, really, about a year after discovering the sport after rooming with a guy in college who was a huge Wayne Gretzky and L.A. Kings fan. Every year while I was in college, I'd make the drive down to Tampa to watch at least one or two games. I was there in '96 when they got hammered by the Flyers in game six of their first playoff series.

I still think Brian Bradley was the best center to ever play for the Lightning. I also think Rob Zamuner was (and still is) one of the best damn defensive forwards ever to put on a uniform. Darren Puppa, when healthy, was one of the best goaltenders in the league.

The cast of characters has changed, probably for the better. Of all the "old guys" the Lightning have gotten over the years to try and put them over the hump (Petr Klima, Dino Ciccarelli et al), they finally got it right with Dave Andreychuk.

Although, probably the best thing that could have ever happened to the franchise was William Davidson buying the team. The Espositos did a ton for bringing hockey (and making it work) to the Tampa Bay area, but it took Davidson to make it successful.

It was one hell of a series and hats off to the Flames. They had one of the most memorable playoff runs any team had any right having. I'm just glad the Lightning were one goal better. :)

a little part of me died today :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Hockey is really to hard to fix, goalies cant be 100% sure their going to save that one or that slap shot etc.

It doens't have to be the goalies. Just the refs. Look at some of the calls. I'm not saying it is fixed just saying that if it is......I wouldn't be surprised at all. They should put a rule in that ref calls can be made AFTER the play, instead of blowing the whistle almost as soon as it happens, the refs can't see everything but we sure can and it gets bloody annoying when lame calls and lack of calls are made.

Official motto of Tampa fans in 1 month - "Stanley who?" Way to jump on the bandwagon guys. :rolleyes:

At least someone deserving like Andreychuk won it.

zeph2k said:
a little part of me died today :( :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Me too, this is a disgrace! I watched Andreychuk skate it, then I left as soon as he handed it to to someone else. I dont even know who that someone else was.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
Official motto of Tampa fans in 1 month - "Stanley who?" Way to jump on the bandwagon guys. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it was like with the Bucs. After they won, most of the cars I seen has Bucs flags on it. Now there are few. The same with the shrits, and hats.

I admit I haven't followed the Lighting that much, I normally play as them in any NHL games I play.

Well I am happy the Tampa Bay won, but Calgary played a great game, it was a great game to watch.

Final points for the Pool.

01. Gumby78 31
02. SuperBeaverInc. 28
02. tonberry 25
04. pboily 24
05. LesCanadiens 23
06. JJP 20
07. Vancouver2010 16
08. sysyphus 15
09. Brewster 12
10. DeLorimier 12
11. Drewcifer 7 (Retired after first round

:goodjob: Tampa!

The better team won. I have no problem with that. Fantastic skating, offensive, defense, goaltending, and special teams. Good to see Andruchuk hold the cup as well.

But I will forever remember these last 2 months. The Flames simply did something not many teams to go. The 12th place team that barely made the playoffs made it to the 7th game of the Stanley Cup, beating 3 excellent teams on the way there.

Go Flames Go! Go Lightning Go!

A match for the ages. The NHL still has it.

Please, could you people be any worse losers? Tampa won, they were the better team, simple as that. Don't whine about bull**** conspiracy theories or ref calls, there is no conspiracy. And when all is said and done, refereeing has zero to do with the eventual outcome. The Flames lost because they were bested by a better team, that's all there is to it. *****ing and whining about "fixing" the finals or the bad calls by the refs only makes you a disgrace to hockey, not the Tampa Bay Lighting.

A team loses because they don't play well enough to win, period. And that is precisely what happened one week ago. Stop whining, and accept it.

Top Bottom