Official Poll - Change to Constitution

Do you support the change in Article I of the Constitution as noted below?

• YES

Votes: 24 77.4%
  • NO

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_in_PDX

Grumpy Submariner
CITIZEN POLL FOR CHANGE IN ARTICLE I OF THE CONSTITUTION

Changes are in bold

ARTICLE I. The average of the number of votes cast in each of the most recent contested elections shall constitute an active census of citizens. The highest vote total of these elections shall constitute a full census (the Congress). A majority of the Congress shall be required to amend the Constitution. A 2/3 majority of the Senate shall be required to ratify said amendment.

Implementation: This poll is part of an overall bill requiring changes to the Constitution, Code of Laws and Code of Standards. No individual element will be effective until all elements are passed. As a result, implementation of this element will not occur unless all elements are approved.

Poll particulars: This topic was discussed in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28944

This poll will remain open until a majority of the Congress has passed or defeated it. This requires 21 YES or 21 NO votes.

The ABSTAIN option is included as a courtesy but it should be noted that the effective result of an ABSTAIN vote is the same as a NO vote inthis poll.

Originally posted by Octavian X
I would recommend that this poll be moved to the new forums.

So let it be written, so let it be done....

This poll has reached quorum and has passed.

Judge Advocate

1 more yes vote needed.

Octavian, please post the law poll now. These are both claused not to actually go into effect until all 3 book changes are approved. There is no need to hold off on the law poll.

My only concern is the Senatorial poll. I'd be in favor of posting a new one in the new term, and allowing the governor to make his vote.

Either way, I've posted the new poll. It may be found here

We've got completion here. 24 YES votes passes this Constitutional change. Of course, it must still be ratified by the Senate and they don't seem to be around anymore. I think Octavian's got the right idea - if that thing is still lying around unfinished when T1 starts, the new Senate will be the decider.

This poll is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom