1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Rebellion Platform Forum

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by Vandal Warlord, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

THis will be the Official Forum where those who support the rebellion may pool their Ideas for the Rebellion Platform. PLEASE REPLY IMMEDIATLY! We need the Platfrorm finished by monday!!!

Here are my current Ideas for the Platform:
    >Freedom to speak out against the PF:
    All citizens have the right to speak out against the Prime faction without being presecuted or arrested.
    >No confidence voting:
    Any citizen may propose a vote of no confidence in a leader. This is only if you dislike the leader of the Prime Faction, not If you dislike the PF itself.(Thats a Rebellion;))
    >The Sunshine Law become official
    PLease see the Sunshine Law post for more details.

2. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

I like the no confidence voting idea. Hereby I propose a vote of no confidence in Vandal Warlord (should he become the new leader). :hammer:

3. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

STAY OUT OF THIS WOOTER!!!

4. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

((OOC: Freedom of Speech is a civic we cannot yet enable, dunno how you solve this?))

5. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Not name it freedom of speech:D

I meant you can't be arrested for speaking out against the PF. All other laws apply.

6. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

Well I don't think that that will be much of a change. Under the Triad rule nobody gets arrested for speaking against the Prime Faction as well.

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

:lol: Did you see my punishment poll!!!
    Call that freedom to speak out against the PF?

8. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

Ooops :mischief:

It was blocked by a Mod, after all...

9. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

The poll was started by one person and not by the Triad. You were not arrested so you have freedom of speech. Do you understand Vandal?

10. blastoidstalker

blastoidstalker The Geographer

Though I will not be joining your rebellion, I like the idea of the Sunshine Law.
    Put it in there to force it to be accepted.

Besides that i would like to see some part of the platform be what specfic gameplay decisions you have felt not been beneficial to our nation. This will give it more weight than just I do not like the leader bent.

11. croxis

croxis Chat room op

The question is what faction would you want to replace the current power with? Perhaps we should seek out some spiritual enlightenment on the matter.

12. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

I dunno.

10chars

13. Duke Blackstone

Duke Blackstone John Marchman

The idea of a Freedom Coalition has gone around in my head for a long time. Simply put, the Triad used simple political technique masterstroke to secure its power, making alliances between 3 of the most powerful fractions in the game to gain precedence over the largest, Tribal Council. PL may be larger now, I haven’t checked, but at stage of the game Tribal Council was the most powerful. I propose that the new alliance of IFMF and Tribal Council do the same thing, with any other fractions, including those from Triad that would like to join.
    I propose a representative council made up of 3 members from each allied fraction, equal to an elected dictator/president who can be dismissed by a vote of no confidence started by a Member of the Coalition. The same member who started the vote of no confidence would not be able to run for the Elected Dictator/President, who we will later decide the name for, in the triggered Election. There would be of course complete freedom of speech minus slander. I propose an Official news service be recognized, if for no other reason than that those of yal like me that have absolutely no time can see what’s going on in the game within minutes of logging on. Other ideas welcome…. I need this completely done by 2marrow so try to get your posts in by midnight.
    (oh and VW, I invited the triad to participate, Wooter is free to say what he wants. I always thought he had more class than that though)

p.s. The reason I have supported VW so wholeheartedly in this game is that he, regardless of his faults, as we say in Texas has balls. (moderators, please please don’t delete this reference to mild profanity, I have it here to make a serious point in the way this game is played). He makes this Demo-Game fun. I think some of the people here have lost the point of GAMES… This isn’t real life, if you loose then there’s always a second chance. If you fall out of power, then let the upsurer have his turns of greatness (pardon the pun) and then take him out again with a new idea in the next age. To not “win at any cost”… but role-play a little, jack around a little with the computer, have a little non serious fun. If I want serious I can go play deity on my computer. But back to my point, VW will do things without thought to the consequences. He takes chances, maybe creates a little chaos at times, but makes the game better, more interesting, and always more fun. So lay off of him a little bit… Its who he is. Props to Vandel. :goodjob:

p.p.s. I haven’t put much emphasis on the change in game play because the only times iv been able to see what’s really going on in the game have been the screenshots so I am not qualified to argue with any of triads actions.

14. w00ter

w00ter Warlord

It may have seemed like I was flaming Vandal, but that was just for fun. The whole arguing makes this game interesting. The 'rebellion' Vandal triggered really gives the RP part some new material. So indeed, Vandal made the game interesting.

PS: Yes, I can say what I want (within the rules). Just like Vandal and others can criticise the government, so can I say what I think about the rebellion.

15. Seidrik_The_Gray

Seidrik_The_Gray Seidrik The Gray

I think there should be mandatory re-ellections at the end of the full month term. That is my understanding of the Sunrise rule (also more commonly known as a Sunset clause.)

Additionally, at the mid-point, we should have a PF confidence vote whose sole purpose is to see if a majority of active participants wants a rebellion. If the confidence vote succeeds, proving that the PF is good to go for another 2 weeks, then no rebellion, otherwise, we pause the game for the rebellion.

16. Duke Blackstone

... Nice idea... Another idea thanks to Raven, a poll that tells you how the primary fraction is performing in the eyes of the people... Call it the Sunrise Poll :)

17. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Nah - credit that to DaveShack - he posted the "Pulse" poll for this term - I just thought about continuing it.

-- Ravensfire

18. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

wow! Is that it? It that our platform!?

19. Duke Blackstone

Its not offical, and its not in charter format. I will post the final by 10.00 tonight U.S. Central... Any changes or ideas need to be in by then. That's 2.5 hours from this post time

20. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Whoa, good work Duke!