Official Soundtrack Info

MongooseMod 3.5.2 (Update in Progress)
for Beyond the Sword 3.19

This mod has a soundtrack (which uses all the vanilla music except the default Industrial and Modern era tracks, which are completely thrown out). Unfortunately the bulk of it is commercial stuff and, unlike my new event image set which was assembled entirely from pictures freely posted on the internet, I could theoretically get in trouble for posting a lot of these music tracks. Realistically I doubt I would, I'm sure other Civ mods have probably done the same, and I know at least one SimCity 4 city journal off the top of my head that used a full commercial track, but it's not a risk I'm currently willing to take. Feel free to post in this thread if you want to try to convince me, however. :)

As a next best thing I am at least going to list here what I use, and will post the XML file for it later in the unlikely event you want to go and assemble all of this yourself. Heh. Some of these ARE freely available (and I will add links when I have time), but not enough to sufficiently flesh out the later eras imo, so for the moment I'm not including any of them in the public release.

This list, ie the soundtrack for the private version of the mod, has not been changed in a very long time, and is something I will definitely be updating in the future.

PREHISTORIC ERA

This era is totally silent, as in the public version.

ANCIENT ERA

All vanilla tracks, plus:

* Elohim - x - Fall From Heaven 2 (Civ4 Mod)

And these, which all came from a music thread on this site but aren't in my archives so I'll have to track down the info later (I'm missing the actual tracks at the moment due to forgetting to save them when I updated my PC to Windows 7, which is also why I don't have the FFH2 composer's name handy; I'm gonna have D send the files back to me when he gets a chance):

* Brook - x - x
* Channel - x - x
* Moon - x - x
* Horizon - x - x
* Fire - x - x
* Sioux - x - x
* Josh - x - x
* Tribal 1 - x - x
* Tribal 2 - x - x
* Tribal 3 - x - x

CLASSICAL ERA

All vanilla tracks only.

MEDIEVAL ERA

All vanilla tracks, plus:

* Hippus - x - Fall From Heaven 2 (Civ4 Mod)

RENAISSANCE ERA

All vanilla tracks only.

INDUSTRIAL ERA

* Beethoven's 6th Symphony, 1st Movement - Vanilla Track
* Illians - x - Fall From Heaven 2 (Civ4 Mod)

* Adagio for Strings - Barber - ? (only ever had this as an mp3, not sure what CD it's from)
* Symphony #9: The New World, 1st Movement - Dvorak/Pesek - Dvorak: Symphony #9 (CD)
* Track 1 - Jenkins - Diamond Music (CD)
* Track 3 - Jenkins - Diamond Music (CD)
* Track 10 - Jenkins - Diamond Music (CD)
* Lifeforce - Mancini - Star Tracks II (CD)
* Tina - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 6 Piano Collections (CD)
* Gau - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 6 Piano Collections (CD)
* Eternal Harvest - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 9 (CD)
* The Place I'll Return to Someday - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 9 Piano Collections (CD)
* Melodies of Life - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 9 Piano Collections (CD)

MODERN ERA

* The Map Page - ? - Donkey Kong Country (Friend sent me this)
* Xenogears: Taming of the Skies - Mitsuda/Starblaze - Overclocked Remix (Website)

* Jupiter - Holst/? - Holst: The Planets (CD)
* Shimmer - Elena Rhuer - Metamorphosen (CD)
* Axel F - Faltermeyer/Kunzel - Bond & Beyond (CD)
* For the Reunion - Uematsu - Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children (CD)
* This Land - John/Rice/Zimmer - The Lion King (CD)
* Your Welcome Voice - Solitudes - Polynesian Spa (CD)

FUTURE ERA

* Metal Gear Solid 2: Metal Gear May Cry - Gregson-Williams/Hudson - Overclocked Remix (Website)
* Building the Dream - LunarMongoose - My Website

* Blade Runner Blues - Vangelis - Blade Runner (CD)
* Hope & Joy, Peace & Love - Konami - Gradius Arcade (CD)
* Gradius Medley - Konami - Gradius Arcade (CD)
* Heretic, Hero - O'Donnell/Salvatori - Halo 2 (CD)
* Rain Man Theme - Zimmer - Rain Man (CD)
* Storms in Africa - Enya - Watermark (CD)
* Terminator - Fiedel/Kunzel - Great Fantasy Adventure Album (CD)

Top Bottom