Official UNOFFICIAL games thread

goodyhut

Warlord
ok so it really isn't official until it gets an ok from Thunderfall ;)

The idea here is to have an extra opportunity for people who have extra time to play the same civ 3 games and then talk about thier experiances here. These games will NOT be rated on the GOTM scores. They are purely just 4 fun.

Hmmm... Can't post a game file here. Says to large. It's a nice idea though I think, maybe we can get permission to post larger size game saves in this thread alone... !enlighten!

If you want to post a save file you're going to have to zip it first. The base save file for Civ 3 is a little over 700KB, while the zip file is a little over 21KB. That is well below the max file size of 500KB that can be attached to a post.

Since there are some many variables that can be chosen when playing a game of Civ 3 maybe there should be some agreement on what kind of game everyone wants to play too.

Thanks for the suggestion on zipping it. It's normal size map, large continents. GOOD LUCK! Let's just have fun with this since there is no rating : ).

Originally posted by Duke of Marlbrough
If you want to post a save file you're going to have to zip it first. The base save file for Civ 3 is a little over 700KB, while the zip file is a little over 21KB. That is well below the max file size of 500KB that can be attached to a post.

Since there are some many variables that can be chosen when playing a game of Civ 3 maybe there should be some agreement on what kind of game everyone wants to play too.

Thanks for the suggestion Duke and I think we should just use the same kind of game format that the GOTM is using.

You forgot to post the difficulty level. Could you do it? Please.

Okay, I've downloaded it, and it will be my first time with the Iroquois. Probably won't have anything to report back until next tuesday though.:)

Hmm...
Well, just go ahead. My ok is enough. ;) Just don't expect me to make another ranking list for it. :D

Yes, could you post the difficulty level ?

When you load the game to start playing it will show the difficulty level.

As soon as I am done with the GOTM I'll try this game.

There's no time limit is there? I still want to play the Civ II and Civ III GOTMs in December. May have to stop this one in the middle and take it up later.

I havn't been able to log into CivFanatics for the past 3 days. Was getting some kind of MySequal error. Anyway I looked at the level at it is Monarch but I meant to post a Regent level one but if the Monarch level one is ok with you guys we can play it. Otherwise I can post a Regent level one. Let me know. Sorry about that. I tried to let you guys know 3 days ago but when I went to reply it gave me that error message :( which finnally cleared today.

Here is a good Regent level game, still large continents, Standard size, Roming Barbs We can play this game for the rest of this month and then pick it up again when we finish the official GOTM 2 if we don't finish it before the end of the month. I have played it to 190 bc so far and I am ahead of my neighbors, the Americans and Egyptians, I have the Great Library too : ) I am playing the Monarch level game too but I am getting my ass kicked in it, lol.

I'm playing the monarch one right now. It is shortly after the BC AD switch and I have most of the starting continent. I have bought my way to parity with the Babylonians and persians and have the americans and the Aztecs under my heel. Now I am trying to consolidate. Dirty trick not having horses anywhere nearby for my unique unit, but I conquered with swordsmen instead. I may not build the mounted warriors so that I can hold off on my golden age. I've been rush building everything and have captured the oracle. My one leader built the forbiddin palace, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.;)

I'm playing the monarch game as well. Made it to 250 AD. Another game with the Aztecs as next door neighbors.:( Been at war most of the game. War was declared by the Aztecs and war is what they are getting. I have no intention of letting them live like I did in the GOTM!

I attacked the Americans. There was a little piece of land (one tile wide and three long) with ocean on one side and my borders on the other three. Old Abe sent a settler right through my land to build Houston on that little stretch of beach. That was unacceptable...

I'm using swordsmen now but there has been an eyewitness report that the Aztec also now have swordsmen. I will be looking for their iron when I resume play.:D

I'm learning how to beat the Aztecs. I have 'captured' one of their cities through cultural whatever-you-call-it. I did this at the end of the GOTM as well and in both cases I had cut all the roads from the city to other Aztec cities. No more attacking towns and cities on a shoestring. I'm sending my guys in to cut roads, pillage and kill off anyone who dares sally forth into the open! Kind of midieval in a way.:king:

Well, er, uh... I am now getting my butt kicked royally by the evil American and their hordes of horsemen. Was left hanging by a thread then two of my old cities reverted back to me. Rebuilt a little then politely asked the Americans to leave and they declared war! Now I'm back to rebuilding as I hope those cities revert to me once more... Meanwhile the Babylonians and English have built cities in the southern jungle. (So have the Americans - right next to both the dye and gems!:mad: )

Monarchy may be too much for me right now. It is no fun getting hammered.:( I see the war acadamey is up. Guess I have to go back to school.:grad:

:goodjob: I think i will play the regent level when i finish my Biology homework.:crazyeyes

Ah, this is a cool idea. Ill have a shot at the reagant difficulty game tomorrow. Monarch is just too much for me as I learnt from GOTM 2

Top Bottom