1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Offworld Trading Company

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by a space oddity, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Strahlemann

Strahlemann Chieftain

I agree that the price is a little high. But I bought Offworld a cupple of days ago and I'm having a blast playing this. The game hast still some rough edges, especially the ui needs some improvement.

One thing I would like to see are some more advanced trading options that can influence the prices of the ressources and the stocks, like futures or the use of calls and puts. In this relation the game is very basic now but still it is not easy to master (from which I am far away).

If someone is interested in a multiplayer match, please send me a pm. :)

2. vranasm

vranasm Deity

I can agree the price is a bit steep, but had to buy it today... so far didn't win a single game on assistant difficulty with 3 AIs against me...

they are so ruthless! and i like it.

the game has really simple mechanics, which make you think "I know it...easy peasy" and then the real time auction type of gameplay kicks in and you're lost and very hard to figure out opportunity costs.

As I understood they primarily aim for the multiplayer, so let's see if they make some good lobby system with elo.

3. a space oddity

a space oddity Deity GOTM Staff

There will be a new update in a few weeks, with a new victory type in which all the players stay in the game the entire game. The video shows the development team play it:

Link to video.

4. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

lots of fun in the beginning, but toward the lategame the game starts to fall apart.

then everything costs $1 (well, except water on water-low maps. on these, water can cost > $500). the player that has the most offworld launcher bays (2 per player) wins. a crazy sell everything to buy players' stock shares insues.

all in all, a good game with potential. the price is too high for an early access game imho.

looking forward to the patch :goodjob:

5. Nials

Nials Prince

6. Island Dog

Island Dog Warlord