Ogedei's City Graphics, take 2

Ogedei_the_Mad

Caffeinated Khagan
It's been a while since I worked on city graphics, but I haven't abandoned them yet. ;) After finishing my Korean city graphics, I realized that I never finished the Chinese ones. So now I'm going to finally get back to those and improve upon them. :)

This graphic is Size 3 for the Qin, Han, and Tang dynasties, which will serve as the "Ancient" age graphics. It's still far from complete. Some of the old buildings are just placeholders.

Should I keep the Qin war banners in the avenue or get rid of them?

Excellent! Great!
The banners are especially good.

Qin, Han, Tang Dynasties graphics completed. Next will be updated Song, Jin, and Yuan Dynasties graphics.

Those cities are absolutely inspiring, Ogedei.

I have a semi-related question: How are things going with The Art of War mod?

RedAlert said:
Those cities are absolutely inspiring, Ogedei.

I have a semi-related question: How are things going with The Art of War mod?

Kind of stuck on the tech trees. I have the first two eras done, but the third and fourth are turning out to be a bit more tricky, especially since there is so much more documented for the later eras (the first two eras have relatively sparse information, so it's easier to make a simplified tech tree for them ;) ). I'm still working on the Civlopedias, though. Also tweaking the unit lines a bit since some civs are way overpowered (particularly the Chinese and Tibetans) in units. Can't make any promises on when it will be released (if ever :p ). :)

I'm really glad to hear you are still working on it. I hope you manage to sort some of the tricky parts out. If you ever need any help, I'm sure lots of people here, myself included, would be glad to give a hand where they can.

I like them too, apart from the shape of size #1 ;)

Btw i am also reworking some cities. The current byzantine #3 will be byzantine #1 soon! :)

I am using a computer at some netcafe atm, so i cannot make a thread about them, so decided instead to make a useless comment in Ogedei's thread :shakehead

good work ogedei ;)

varwnos said:
Btw i am also reworking some cities. The current byzantine #3 will be byzantine #1 soon! :)
Sounds good. :) Sorry for the thread-jacking, Ogedei.

I am using a computer at some netcafe atm, so i cannot make a thread about them, so decided instead to make a useless comment in Ogedei's thread
Don´t you have a PC at home?
Netcafés are mainly for addictive, 4-hour-minimum LAN playing in massive numbers in Buenos Aires.

Got back to work on the next era graphics. This is for the Song, Jin, and Yuan Dynasties period.

The shape of the tower is based on a guard tower of the city of Suzhou.

Song, Jin, and Yuan Dynasties graphics completed. The buildings I used here are all based on actual buildings dating from around that period (such as the Tiger Hill Pagoda of Suzhou and Lingyin Temple of Hangzhou). Once I finish the walled graphics for this period, I'll get to work on the Ming and Qing Dynasties. :)

I've begun work on the new Ming and Qing Dynasty graphics.

Top Bottom