[GS] Oh, Maori

Is it always worth getting though? I find Ancestral hall takes too long to get.
The builder is free and does not add to builder escalation costs.
The 50% is not so useful earlier but later when settlers are more expensive does make a more noticeable difference. And when those builders are 4 or 6 charge it is great.

I tried a game last night for Maori. Played large, continent map with high water level seas. So far I can 100% agree with the Civ power rankings; these guys are obscenely powerful. I couldn't get your numbers.

The last game I played was with Pericles so I was already used to swimming in Culture. But I was always kind of broke-ish most game. Not so with these guys. After 7-8 naval trade routes and harbor adjacency spam, I felt like the attached image when faced with a problem.

What really blew me away was all the Great Admirals I was picking up. I literally had fleets in the classical area, with 20% productions boosts in all harbors, and like two Admirals on reserve. They were getting to be a nuisance and then some poor AI Ottomans made the mistake DOW'ing me. I went Lepanto on them, and did what the victors of Lepanto didn't do afterwards and "liberated" Constantinople.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    112.7 KB · Views: 93
Top Bottom