1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Oh, Maori

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Lily_Lancer, Oct 12, 2019.

1. i_imperator

i_imperator Imperator

Is it always worth getting though? I find Ancestral hall takes too long to get.

2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

The builder is free and does not add to builder escalation costs.
    The 50% is not so useful earlier but later when settlers are more expensive does make a more noticeable difference. And when those builders are 4 or 6 charge it is great.

Karmah likes this.
  3. Mark the Bold

Mark the Bold Warlord

I tried a game last night for Maori. Played large, continent map with high water level seas. So far I can 100% agree with the Civ power rankings; these guys are obscenely powerful. I couldn't get your numbers.

The last game I played was with Pericles so I was already used to swimming in Culture. But I was always kind of broke-ish most game. Not so with these guys. After 7-8 naval trade routes and harbor adjacency spam, I felt like the attached image when faced with a problem.

What really blew me away was all the Great Admirals I was picking up. I literally had fleets in the classical area, with 20% productions boosts in all harbors, and like two Admirals on reserve. They were getting to be a nuisance and then some poor AI Ottomans made the mistake DOW'ing me. I went Lepanto on them, and did what the victors of Lepanto didn't do afterwards and "liberated" Constantinople.

Attached Files:

4. Ziad

Ziad Emperor

Glad you discovered the coastal expansion strategy that has been strong for quite a while now. ;)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
    Pietato and Karmah like this.