1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh no I got ... as my nieghbor

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ryski, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Ryski

Ryski Chieftain

Which civ do you hate to get as a neighbor? For me it's Russia they seem to always be just a little stronger than me no matter when I go after them. Everyone other civ seems to have a sweet spot where you can kill them quite easily. But not Russia. So I ask who do you hate running into.

2. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

Straya, Pedro or Murica. I hate their music.

3. Kwami

Kwami Warlord

I don't like seeing Korea or Russia. Korea puts a firm time limit on the game with her crazy science. Russia grabs all of the Great Writers, etc. so that I don't get any. Boo!

4. enKage

enKage Follower of Zoamelgustar

1) Poland. Pretty aggresive, comstantly culture bombs you, spams encampments
    2) Australia. Strong at science, culture bombs you, and you don't want to declare on them to take them out. Also Curtin joins every military intervention
    3) Nubia. Massive early army of archers on steroids. Hard to befriend early because of agenda, so can be pretty agressive
    4) America. +9 strenght over you. Enough to hate them

These 4 are a horror to me. Than Mongolia, Macedon, Mapuche, Norway, Scythia, but they are usually not even in half such a pain as the BigAnnoyingFour

Opposite to others: I like Russia close. Peter spams you with missionairies and jhe is usually first to religion, so warrior monks guaranteed. I like to have a possibility to rise emergency army

5. XplosiveLun

XplosiveLun A humble village

Eleanor.

6. Dragabond

Dragabond Chieftain

I hate seeing Peter.

Almost as much, though, I hate seeing Gandhi. I hate his stupid anachronistic glasses in prehistory, I hate his hypocritical pacifism, I hate his elephants, I hate his inability to stick to one language, I hate getting massive penalties for inevitable wars with him if he's going to be dropping borders on my...well, borders.

I hate his meme love of nukes (not that they're ever a problem if you kill him in his infancy).

Krajzen likes this.
  7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Nubia, Scythia and Mongolia

Love Australia next to me and Other aggressives.

8. Karmah

Karmah Chieftain Supporter

India Elephant Master. Obnoxious. Can't rush him, will rush you, putting you in a trench war for tenth of turns. Those elephants are so damn strong.

9. kb27787

kb27787 Chieftain

The hypocrites: Teddy and John and Tommy ... Ironic enough given their agendas

Korea is dangerous as well, but at least she follows her own agenda.

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Warlord

Peter becuase his huge cities take a lot of space.

Kupe because his capitals often end up uncomfortably close.

Alexander and Gorgo because they always end up hating me

11. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Honestly? I hate almost every Civ as a neighbour :lol:

My BFF is usually Trajan but definitely NOT as a neighbour. One of the worst ones to start next to for his land-chomping tendencies. Whereas if I meet him later, after I've expanded, he's lovely.

Worst of all, though? Pedro, Shaka and Monty are all "oh god no". If it's early enough and I meet one of those first, I usually call time on the map. With Pedro it's less because of him (though he is annoying) and mostly because I can't stand his music!

Pietato likes this.
  12. GoodSarmatian

GoodSarmatian Blackpilled Idealist

Anyone who has early military bonuses and can't be rushed easily:
    Montezuma, Gilgamesh and Roosevelt for early and strong UUs and combat bonuses.
    Tomyris because her AI seems to research Archery pretty early.
    Amanitore if I can't defeat her before she gets her Archer UU.

I love to have Russia, Kongo and Korea as my closest neighbor. This way I can conquer them before they start to hoard Great People and outtech me.
    Alexander should be either close enough to be destroyed before he gets Hetairoi and a Great General or far enough away to be somebody else's problem.

13. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Christina due to 1) her agenda being impossible to satisfy early on and 2) knowing I will be lagging in science compared to her. Plus she seems to show up every, single game.

14. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Montezuma - one and only. If he's very close and he sets his sight's on you, before he can be befriendied through your lack of luxuries, a few hits from his EW and you're dead. It is that simple. Unless he's distracted by other close AIs, massive barb onslaught or hurt by an early 1000 year flood, most likely it's gg.

Pretty much everyone else can be handled by rushing or befriending. Or could before the September update, too little experience yet with all those suddenly firing ranged enemies :) Actually I find those with unique ranged units even more annoying than those with melee. Let Korea have their Hwachas, and their walled cities will become unapproachable for centuries.

Gilgamesh, on the other hand, is the best close neighbour you can have. Instant friend, let him build cities and wonders for you, and shield you from others. And his donkey carts will chase all the barbs off of you. Then when he's built all those campi and covered his land in ziggurats, blitz him, pillage the ziggurats for massive gold boost and add their biological and technological distinctiveness to your own. He makes life really easy.

WorldWarIV and ezzlar like this.
  15. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

I hate the way Gandhi looks like caricatural inhuman E.T. , him returning every game and goddamn nuke meme among fanbase, joke worth twenty minutes of smile stretched over twenty years and repeated two milion times.

I hate the fact that meme has completely overshadowed his persona and philosophy by this point. If I was dev I would remove him from series for a decade, put him back into game and explicitly said in an interview 'we decided to remove his nukes affinity out of respect'.

I hate his appearance in the game also for almost opposite reason - his personality has always Indian civ in this series into hardcore pacifist doormat pushover. Thank God for Chandragupta in civ6 to deconstruct this.

Dragabond likes this.
  16. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

love the click bait thread title. :lol: I was expecting a story. As for me it would be Eleanor. I'm either forced to make a cultural alliance, but if I don't have enough room to expand I'll just conquer her. Chandragupta is a close runner up. You are never going to be friends with him. Hit him before he gets elephants. Not a big fan of Alex. For some reason Khmer are very aggressive, they always surprise war me. And don't get me started on that John Curtin.

17. Pietato

Pietato Warlord

+1.

18. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

Oh and I also hate Shaka. For his agression in game and for his stupid civ returning every iteration depsite being the most boring one trick faction ever, always having the same combo of lunatic agression, heavy infantry, impi and ikanda (because IRL Zulu 'empire' was pathetic and had nothing else)

I also hate him for being insane power hungry genocidal maniac IRL, and for him being avatar of 'anticolonial resistance' probably because he was the single African leader most fitting stereotype of savage. I mean, we're talking about a man who after capturing mother of his political opponent fed her alive to hyenas.

19. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

This.

20. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Oh, I also hate seeing John Curtain. His lecturing about the cruelties of war is extremely annoying, especially considering that muppet is one of the biggest war mongers in the game.