"Oh noes, its Monty.."

alvan

Chieftain
In Civ4 we always knew some leaders eventually would declare war on you, this isnt the fact anymore. I dont know if this is a good thing? Maybe the AI should be more "of the same" so you cant automaticly read the opposing Civs just by seeing their leader.

Problem with Civ5 though, its "Crap its <any Civ>" cos all are sociopaths and Dow their neighbours all the time. I dont mean 90% of the time, I mean 100% (just give it time). This makes the game quite boring and more predictable then with fixed attitudes like in Civ4.

My suggestion is therefore that make 18 generic attitude-styles and randomly give one to each Civ at start. Then I can get Gandhi as a neighbour but with the attitude of Monty and at the same time vice versa, and live peacefully with my humble neighbour Monty.

There is a random personality option under advanced options.

Yes I know, but what does it matter? Everyone hates everyone eventually cos there are soooo many things that pisses of the AI and so little that actually makes the AI happy towards you. There is no pattern. I think the "random personality" option changes the leader trait only, sorry to say.

If you get a leader with agressiveness on 1 and your army isn't lagging behind the others, there shouldn't be any problem at keeping a friend.

Top Bottom