Oh, the weather outside is...

Death valley sniffing the record again?

131 F today according to various Norwegian media.
We hit 100 again today.
A sidenote to the UFC coverage this weekend was that Las Vegas set a record of 117F/47.2C. One of the podcasters I was listening to noted that the hotel he likes is a normally-nice 20-minute walk to the arena, but this time he took an Uber. Meanwhile, Lake Mead is at its lowest level since it was constructed.

I have been wondering if the current events will be enough to change the record of any climate change deniers, with the evidence clearly pointing at direct causality of individual events. Not really hopeful though.

I live in an area with near-constant sunshine and warm temperatures at the mediterranean coast.
And I managed to get my first sunburn on a holiday in Germany o_O.

Temperature doesn't have much to do with it.

I've heard that it's rather more common to get sunburn at the beach, due to light reflecting off the water.

Also while going skiing, due to the same reasons (and yes, also on a cloudy day).
It still feels ironic :dunno:.

Temperature doesn't have much to do with it.

There's often some correlation though ;).

On a hot day you might be wearing fewer clothes and thereby exposing more skin to the sun.

Storm's coming. A nasty one, I can already hear thunder as a continuous rumble....

....and as always, it went around. Dunno if it's some sort of geographical quirk or there's a storm Moses living here, but it's always this way. Towns just few kilometers southeast and northwest took the full brunt, but here, just rain and some lightshow that was only visible due to nightfall.

....and as always, it went around. Dunno if it's some sort of geographical quirk or there's a storm Moses living here, but it's always this way. Towns just few kilometers southeast and northwest took the full brunt, but here, just rain and some lightshow that was only visible due to nightfall.
If you want to talk about a geographical quirk, re-read the OP for this thread. That was quite a destructive wind storm, blowing roofs off of buildings, knocking down trees and power lines, blowing garbage, twigs, dust, gravel, ripping the siding off of buildings... but the building where I live didn't physically suffer anything but a power outage. The neighborhoods to the north, south, and west all had structural damage to houses, businesses, and vehicles, and to the east there were a lot of trees ripped out of the ground. But here... other than it being really loud and enough stuff blowing down the length of the parking lot to freak my cat out bad enough to utter some panicky meows... we were safe.

Very mild night here since it's the middle of winter.

Currently 11C at 20:45. This time of year tropical!

It rained last night!! 0.25" at our house. :woohoo:

OMG, you're all gonna drown! :run:

:p

Congratulations. This summer, rain is good. :yup:

Bit damp.

Nothing on Europe:(.

Yup. And Syracuse NY is getting more than its share of rain this Summer as well, however when I drive up north to the Canadian border I can see the St. Lawrence river is still well below its normal banks, so I'm not gonna complain about our lot this year.

Top Bottom