Oh, the weather outside is...

As one would expect in the tropics.

I would be there in a skinny minute except my wife likes snow and cold.

Two inches of snow last night

And last night it went down to 9 F. that's pretty cold for Albuquerque. More cold expected all weekend and just maybe more snow first of the week.

The weather was mild enough this evening here in Ireland, I feel like I barely needed a jacket while outside despite being 4 weeks into winter. My cousin suggested this could be due to global warming.

I hope that's not true LOL.

The weather was mild enough this evening here in Ireland, I feel like I barely needed a jacket while outside despite being 4 weeks into winter. My cousin suggested this could be due to global warming.

I hope that's not true LOL.
Likely it's just weather, but as the world warms, weather changes.

There's a snowstorm going on outside as I type. Wind and flurries...

Cold cold cold. Days in the 20s through New Years.

Back in Chapel Hill, NC, there's been 60" (152 cm) of precipitation this year. Only three other years have had more, and none since 1936.
Oklahoma City has had nine months that're cooler than normal, whereas Raleigh has had five. The normal period in the US is from 1981-2010.

Back in Chapel Hill, NC, there's been 60" (152 cm) of precipitation this year. Only three other years have had more, and none since 1936.
Oklahoma City has had nine months that're cooler than normal, whereas Raleigh has had five. The normal period in the US is from 1981-2010.
I'm sure that the bamboo I planted in Efland in 1976 is loving it!

I haven't checked but it's been like a thousand degrees for a week now

It's been unusually stormy lately. The weather has been just as hot as it is every year, but the afternoon thunderstorms have been a) more frequent, b) more severe, c) less predictable than usual. Typically in summer there are reasonably minor afternoon storms coming in from the south-west maybe once or twice a weekm. But lately the storms have been coming in from a more northerly direction, with greater ferocity, in thinner, repetitive bands, and multiple times per week.

Snowing and cold. We might get up to three inches. Two so far. My wife is hoping for five to six.

My wife got me a monster snow blower for Christmas so she has guaranteed that we will not get more than 3 inches at any one time this winter. (we both have 4 wheel drive so anything less than 3 inches we don't bother with.)

First frost of the winter likely tonight and tomorrow night then its going to warm up again to the high single figures. Supposed to be sunny tommorrow hence the frost then the rest of the week will be dry but overcast which is keeping the temperatures up.

… super nice. -6 C, snow on ground and trees. Perfect! :snowcool:

heavy rain all day

================================
Later: Official govt warnings of mudslides

Last edited:
Top Bottom