Oh yes, oh god yes. (diplo changes)

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Baleur, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Escalate

Escalate Chieftain

New diplo system look cool but I wonder if I can redeem a sore relationship with the leader who was denounced (or denounce me) and become a good friend.

Denouning seems like a one way road, when I denounce A, A will do the same to me and soon B, C, D, and E wil get invovle. In the end, the world will divide in two major coalitition, impossible to switch side.

2. PAnz3r

PAnz3r Chieftain

seems to be some reality in there..no?

3. pat4

pat4 Believe it!!!

It is and it isn't, today Britain, France and Germany are allies when in Civ they would all hate each other.

4. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I would hope they can still respond to strategic circumstances and improve relationships over time. We'll have to wait and see. I think the new diplomatic system will need fine tuning no matter what (although I may be speaking prematurely, I haven't played a game yet, since I'm waiting for the DLC).

5. Sneaks

Sneaks Brooklyn Bum

If they are playing with the City States of the World mod by Opera, this is a known bug, where any added CSes will spam 1-2 settlers during the course of the game.

6. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

Im best buddies with China and Egypt. I've been selling to each of them 3 resources and open borders for 400 turns, thats at least 14 times i had to re-propose the same freaking deal. If they have been willing to buy +15 happiness and open borders for 5000 years, why not automate it? Instead of "deal will last 30 turns", we should have "deal cannot be canceled before 30 turns", so they can keep the deal after, or just peacefully cancel it once it expires.

Thats my only grief. I'm actually really happy that i finally forged an alliance block in ciV.

7. PAnz3r

PAnz3r Chieftain

i intend reality like " if i denunce one nation probably mine friend say "yeah!" his friend say "lies!" , and we have a couple of coalition " i didnt intend "historicaly reality"

8. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

The Advanced Set-up screen only let you add up to 22.

9. YourDeath/TSAR

YourDeath/TSAR Warlord

no offence, but the name sounds like a orgasm

10. pat4

pat4 Believe it!!!

Oh of course but I think the original poser was complaining that over time they will never change sides.

I can't confirm this yet however.

11. Escalate

Escalate Chieftain

You say exactly what I think.

But after playing a bit today, I can have a fair trade with Mr. Khan and Mr. Darius whom I announced 130 turns ago. They let me sign open border, luxury exchange though thier still have angry face. Everything seems fine...

until they declare war on me simultaneously 15 turn later. :lol:

12. Baleur

Baleur Prince

:mischief:

13. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

That i knew too.
    Again, the debug panel shows *how* & *where* AI slots/ID are managed from.

Human always equals Zero.
    Any opponents are =>1 up until...
    the first CS standing at #28.

Thus, i could only theorize the runtime-maximum of available "pre-defined" gameplay slots for AIs cannot go over #27... thus the 28 value i supposed.
    Even if the Advanced setup XML framework can't provide more than 22 lines, there's still memory locations in pending status, somehow.

That's what i'm trying to find out for some Game-Events_DLL functionality testing in a mod.

14. black213

black213 Emperor

I have noticed a bug on my recent game, Napoleon should be Friendly to me (says so in the diplomacy screen) but speaks rudely and acts angrily.

15. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

Heck, that sounds like Napoleon in Real Life, doesn't it? :)

16. elthrasher

elthrasher Revcaster

Maybe I'll try to get a screenshot of this when I get home, but last night I was playing and Darius greeted me with "hope your war isn't going too well" and it said he was friendly.

I guess that's friendly enough to hope it's not going too well. Darius must understand that too much of anything is bad and wants my war to just be going the right amount of well. It's kind of like when you want someone to feel really special you'll say "I don't really like you too much."

It's clear to me that diplomacy still doesn't make too much sense in this game.

Oh, and by the way Darius is horked off at me because I agreed to go to war with Germany at his insistence. My other two war allies just declared on me for the same.

Please, please, please stop with the idiotic warmonger hatred. It's fine if I go around declaring on people left and right, but when allies ask me to go to war and then get mad because I did exactly as they asked, that's just stupid. Darius even took a German city after he denounced me for doing the same. Ugh.

17. Creepy Old Man

Creepy Old Man Warlord

I'm still seeing odd things like:

Turn 285: Suleiman denounces me.
    turn 286: Suleiman requests declaration of friendship (I accept).
    turn 287: Suleiman denounces me.
    turn 288: Suleiman calls me up and tells me what a great guy I am.

18. Helmling

I wouldn't denounce someone unless you were really sure you wanted him off the map.

I've seen relationships go up and down, but I haven't seen one come back from being denounced.

19. Helmling

Interesting...he must be highly erratic. Maybe your status is hovering right around the line above which the AI likes you and below which you suck.

20. Gazurtoid

Gazurtoid Chieftain

Maybe Suli has borderline personality disorder.