1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Oil on ocean square + Spy

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unofficial Patches' started by maszat3, Jul 24, 2008.

1. maszat3

maszat3 Chieftain

Maybe a bug, maybe intentional : oil resource appeared on an ocean square ( as opposed to coast )

In addition, with no improvements on that square, the program shows +1 hammer, and that is just too strange, oil under the ocean just giving more production ?
    Oil on land - I have no problem with the +1 hammer there.

--------------

Spy : I wonder if spy not having any function in a barbarian city is intentional design or a bug. Would be nice to poison them :)

2. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

the oil placement is intentional as is the :hammers: bonus - you get even more by building an oil platform there.
    the spy thing is intentional as well: you cannot build espionage points against barbarians so you cannot perform active or passive missions.

Welcome to CFC :band:

3. maszat3

maszat3 Chieftain

Thank you for your answer
    I still find it strange to get +1 hammer with no platform in the middle of the ocean.
    Almost feels like we could put +1 gold in a desert with the explanation of "you may find a lost wallet in the desert" :)

4. Breunor

Breunor Deity

Probably some of the oil is fairly easily to get to, enough for a small production bonus, but the bulk needs more advanced drilling equipment to be able to use for military and transportation purposes and the like.

Best wishes,

Breunor