Oil refinery bug BTS ROM 2.91

Mjollinor

Chieftain
Hi all,

Like many love the mod and really appreciate the massive effort that has been put into it.

Everything seems to work ok for me bar oil refineries. For some odd reason, in most games this building never appears in my lists to build, meaning I cannot make oil products, meaning no modern units.

Has anyone else come across this problem or would have any suggestions as to what may be the cause?

Thanks,

Mjollinor.

Hi all,

Like many love the mod and really appreciate the massive effort that has been put into it.

Everything seems to work ok for me bar oil refineries. For some odd reason, in most games this building never appears in my lists to build, meaning I cannot make oil products, meaning no modern units.

Has anyone else come across this problem or would have any suggestions as to what may be the cause?

Thanks,

Mjollinor.

I think the oil refinery needs to be built on a river.

Yea it does, I checked for that though, I even entered world builder and added river tiles all through the cities, still no dice!

You cannot add rivers after. The cities will not check after being built.

After playing for hours NOW I find out. That is so stupid. Why does a refinery have to be on a river. What sense does that make?:confused:
Seacoast or rail line yes, or paved roads even. A river? I'd like to see some oil barges navigate down some of our so callled "rivers".

The AI is filling the skies with planes, land with tanks, seas with battleships and I can't do anything even with all the resources at my disposal

Argh!

Great mod though otherwise...but stuff like this drives me crazy. Now I have to start it all over again for like the fifth time, if it doesn't crap out on me again.

My PC is so old I can barely play it so I can't do any of the other fancier mods or Civ 5. Is there a way to change the XML so rivers aren't necessary so I can maybe salvage this game?

My PC is so old I can barely play it so I can't do any of the other fancier mods or Civ 5. Is there a way to change the XML so rivers aren't necessary so I can maybe salvage this game?

Yes, in the Assets/XML/Buildings folder edit the file CIV4BuildingInfos.xml. Search for BUILDINGCLASS_OIL_REFINERY. Change <bRiver>1</bRiver> to <bRiver>0</bRiver>.

Top Bottom