Oil think backfired

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Randall Turner, May 18, 2011.

1. Randall Turner

Randall Turner King

I went in and modified most modern units to require oil, as well as whatever else (aluminum, uranium, etc) they'd normally need, as noted in this post...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=10508804#post10508804

(read down for the XML edits and details.)

Welp, finally got to Biology, and guess what - I've got more oil than God. (Or Persia and China, but basically a boatload.)

So what I'd originally intended as a challenge for me turns into problem for the AI. (The other changes are still good, nerfed mechanized infantry etc, but this one I thought was going to be pretty cool.)

Another question for Fili or one of you other dudes -

I want to give Arabia the ability to get double resources from their oil deposits. They've got about the same as me now, and they're the #1 civ right ahead of me, but it'll be "cool" for them to be floating in it and force me to have to do a cross-ocean invasion once the typical American** wasteful dudes use all theirs on nylons and muscle cars.

I could figure it out, but it'll probably be quicker to ask - what file do I edit to add this sort of thing to their UA?

ps - I'll poke at it, if I figure it out first I'll self-reply.

pps - still can't upgrade but maybe half(?) my Infantry to Mechanized Infantry, and I'll splurge on Air Power to use up some, but just didn't expect to be the in-game counterpart of West Texas.

** - yeah, I know, I'm Askia not USA, but you get what I mean.

2. Randall Turner

Randall Turner King

It looks to me as if Arabia (or their leader) already has x2 oil production, if I'm reading the XML file correctly.

Changed Panzers to require coal (synthetic oil). Bismarck has a boatload of it.

Changed Zero's to require no oil (they did have very efficient, though low-horsepower, radials - and Japan doesn't have much oil.)

That ought to do it, we'll see!

3. Willowmound

Willowmound Wordbug

That is indeed their UA.