Ok, Guys. Decision Time! Invade or Lock a Vote!

Sir Donald III

Emperor
At present, China is rampaging through India (they've taken Chittagong and Huntington) while the Western Front has stabalized after a few failed assults on Odessa by America.

The key news is that Russia is currently... Annoyed with us.

Now, that would change to Furious if we conquer a city. Meaning a mutual Abstain, at best as opposed to at worst.

On the other hand, Spices are nice.

I have a few Troop Galleons set to land at Sverdlosk this turn if the people want to deny the Indian East Coast to China. However, doing so would destroy our chances of us getting Cathy's vote, if she survives.

That indeed is the question. Do we want to keep Russia at "annoyed" level and possibly be able to get its vote agaisnt China, (and ensure that China's our opponent via Mao's Indian Conquest,) or do we want to bank on Russia getting destoryed by the Mongol Hordes and getting a share of the spoils?

In my opinion, if we want to go for Diplo, we turn back, let China have India for now, and try to repair damaged Russian Relations prior to the Vote.

As for the Western Front, I'm currently holding forces on the Border to prevent Russian incursions on America, as well as providing Ironclad Bombardment of Coastal Cities that America is interested in (i.e. Odessa). Thus far, these actions have not damaged our Rep.

And the MPPs will last into Term 6. (though RoPs might not.) So I don't want to discuss Peace until the MPPs expire.

SD3, you're not talking into account how the Russians feel about the Chinese. If they hate them as well as us, they'll abstain.

Nothing good is coming of this Russian war...at least, not much.

I say pull the troops back - we technically could have Russia furious with us, but if we can get them at war with China and gift them techs/keep active relations, we could get them to vote for us. But still, we have much better chances if we keep them at Annoyed level. Pull the troops back, and get peace asap.

I'll offer a variation of this plan. Leave our troops, transports, and fleet offshore. Let the Chinse and Russians kill each other. We come in and pick up the pieces. Less casualties, less war weariness, more gain.

If we can get the UN while Russia's still around, get everyone to pile on Russia (or what's left of them). China's huge, so they might vote for themselves anyway. If need be, we should start another war just before the UN gets built, and have everyone sign MPPs/alliances with us just before the vote.

There's no sense in invading Russia. We don't really have the number of troops and ships to make such an invasion (atleast not when we're tossing pultry 3 infantry/3 cav stacks at them). By the time we even GET there, China and others will have taken out the Russian cities first. They're closer.

BTW, in the scenario that we don't win the UN vote (i.e., more abstains, inconclusive, etc.), it'll be a race for score. China will pick up in score once they take those Russian cities. If they take the entire continent, we'll have to take ours...

BTW, this is why I said earlier that we should completely conquer some civs in our area. Less civs to worry about.

The key news is that Russia is currently... Annoyed with us.

we havent taken any russian citys, have we? if we don't invade or take russian citys at the end of the war we might be able to bring them back on our side (ala babylon)

PPFFTT Once again I feel bitter about the closure of my operational plans for operation endurinmg freedom now we are facing a strategic disaster we now have a very limited option on our stragetic situation in facing the military situation in the other contininent which could lead to a ultimate chinese victory...I told you so!

Currently, the only civ to have gained against Russia is China.

That is why I called attention to Russia's Attitude. Should we show restraint here, our station with Rushia > China's station, so at worst would be an abstain.

My proposed RoE therefore would be Assist (our allies) only. Do not assist China, and do not conquer any of Russia's cities. Do not let Russia make any gains either, of course, on us or our allies. Note that I do not consider China as an ally. (More like the Stalin to our Roosevelt.)

If China can take India, they will be our Diplo For Guaranteed. And, Mao will have a Guaranteed vote against him (Russia).

Of course, we still have 2 Guaranteed votes against us (Zulu and Iroquois). It would've been 3, but our good friend Joan (with a little help from Cathy) took care of that.

Remind me to give her a Lux when our MPP runs out. :)

That is... if I'm still President at the time :mischief:

Ok, I really don't remember why I referred to SD3 as DS in my first post, but what the heck. Let China win, it'll make them big and a threat in the eyes of everyone else.

If we truly are going for a Diplo win (and that seems to be the prevailing opinion these days), than nothing could make more strategic sense than to befriend Russia. There is absolutely no reason for us to take one of their cities, but there is a reason for us to not take one of them. That reason is Russia's friendship (or at least Russia's hating us less than someone else).

Technically, there would be a reason to capture Sverdlosk and Punjab: Spices.

But really, what's more important? 3 Happy faces... or a nearly guaranteed UN Vote?

I certainly don't want a Diplo Victory on the cheap, so I am against the "manipulate MPPs before the UN election" ploy.

I still would like to see a Histograph Victory, but it seems that everyone just wants to get this one over with. So, I would probably try to befriend Russia.

DZ

No diplo-victory on the cheap, I followed the war poll to the letter and troops will be sent the final turnchat as MSAV minister.

Donovan Zoi said:
I certainly don't want a Diplo Victory on the cheap, so I am against the "manipulate MPPs before the UN election" ploy.

I still would like to see a Histograph Victory, but it seems that everyone just wants to get this one over with. So, I would probably try to befriend Russia.

It certainly seems like the Histo victory is a lost cause. We might as well start focusing on how to win the Demogame in the next term or two, because that's what the prevailing opinion seems to be. A shame too; I always enjoy the more industrialized parts of the game, where building cities and racing for techs becomes less important.

Ashburnham said:
It certainly seems like the Histo victory is a lost cause. We might as well start focusing on how to win the Demogame in the next term or two, because that's what the prevailing opinion seems to be. A shame too; I always enjoy the more industrialized parts of the game, where building cities and racing for techs becomes less important.

None of these matter. We're already tech advanced and we dominate everyone. Hopefully the next DG will be emperor or above where we would really have to strategize.

Welcome to the Demogame IceEye!

We are currently at war with Russia, so we can't ally with them at this time. We also have some MPPs going on so we need to wait for them to expire before we could even declare peace with Russia.

After that, if Russia still likes us (and is alive) then maybe we could ally with them against China.

Top Bottom