1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ok Next video card, got some money to burn...

Discussion in 'Computer Talk' started by BirraImperial, May 7, 2015.

1. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

I want a video card that would allow me to play at 4k resolutions...Which one should I get? I currently own a GTX 770 4GB and looked up a 980 a 970 and a Titan X....

2. tokala

tokala Emperor

970 is a bad idea for 4k (too slow, memory issues), Titan X is overpriced.
    Currently the 980 is the best option, though probably still not fast enough for 4k and everything set to max in many games (and 4GB might be a bit on the low side for 4k).

If you can wait a few weeks, the 980ti and/or the 390(X) might be just what you are looking for.

3. BirraImperial

BirraImperial Pura Vida!

Thanks. I think I might wait to see what the GTX 980ti has to offer...

4. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

I wouldn't bother with 4k gaming yet. It'll be expensive for something that's not nearly as good as what you can get in a couple years, and you sacrifice on refresh rates, input lag and gsync/freesync support compared to quality monitors for gaming. Would get something like the Asus PG278Q ROG Swift for high-end gaming. (27", 1440p, 144 Hz, G-Sync)