Ok, what is your most obsessive SMAC story?

subnormalized

Chieftain
somewhere more than 2 standard deviations below a
Well, I've played it for 24 hour stretches repeatedly, and one time it got so bad that I decided to break my CD to get me to stop... I still have that CD as a reminder of what not to do with a game, and since then I've gotten another copy of SMAC, and plan to buy the Linux version when it comes out... How bad have you had SMAC fever?

Well, the first time I played I just kept starting new games and starting new games and on and on, each time learning something new that I wanted to put to use in a new game! I don't even know how long I was up, needless to say that it was Christmas day and all my relatives were wondering what the @*(#$& I was doing!

------------------
C Of H: Director Of Anti-Zulu Propaganda @ the Anti Zulu Cult. Join today! No spammers need apply.

I installed the game today at 3:30pm and I played until 2:30am. So far it seems to be just as adictive as CivII, maybe alittle more because everything is new.
Newt

I'm so addicted that I dream about SMAC! I hear that background music and some of the quotes in my head almost all the time. I daydream about SMAC, and the strategies that I'll use in my next game. If I can't sleep at night, I get up and play. Once, I went to visit my sister who lives on the East coast, and I took my SMAC CD with me and installed it on my sister's computer so that I could play while I was there. Though I've never done a 24 hour stretch of SMAC, I have played for 12-18 hours straight on numerous occasions.

------------------
"Shake the world beneath your feet up"
--Johnny Clegg

Do other people do Alpha Centauri parties? In my town we all bring our computers to someone's house every once in a while and play multiplayer games...tomorrow i'm off for 24 hours of SMAC multiplayer goodness!
but the day after I'm a sleepless zombie

But what if you get eliminated right off the start? That would suck so bad.
Do you use the taking turns method or do you have the turns at the same time?

We don't use "do or die," so if you lose at the start you get another chance...and we do use the simultaneous turns option, simply to save time. We played two games...in the first, gaians and university killed everyone else fairly late in the game and gaia won at the end (I was hive)...in the second, the host forgot to turn off ai and it became humans(5) vs. computer, and just when we started planet-busting them the game crashed

Top Bottom