Ok you Fantasy Football experts....

MobBoss

Off-Topic Overlord
I got another question this year.

I managed to take over a team in a church keeper FFB league. Here are the particulars:

Scoring Positions: QB, QB, RB, WR, TE, WR, WRT, Def, Def, K with 9 BN.

10 teams. Scoring is 6 points for all TDs, w/bonus (1 Pt)for anything over 40 yds (run, reception, pass td, etc.) and a 5 point bonus for 400 yds passing, 200 rushing or 150 receiving.

Keepers are 4+2 bonus if you made at least 2 trades in the off season (I did). No time limit on how long to keep a player currently.

My Keepers:

Rob Gronkowski
Mike Wallace
Ahmad Bradshaw
Jay Cutler
Carson Palmer

I only kept 5 as I managed to keep my #1 draft pick slot open by trading it with the former last place team to give me the 1.1 draft pick. So, I've got the #1 draft pick in the league and am wondering who I pick? All the keepers have been put in, so basically the #1 draft pick available is Trent Richardson.

However, as you can tell by the point system it is a very QB friendly league, and also QB lean as each team has to run 2 QBs on the roster. That being the case, I am seriously thinking of passing on Trent Richardson (given his knee issue, and also the fact that RBs have a much harder time of meeting expectations than other positions) and taking either Andrew Luck or maybe even RGIII.

My questions: Would you take or pass on Trent Richardson? Would you take Andrew Luck or RGIII in the hopes they might turn into another Peyton or Vick? If so, which one do you take?

Other options also include all the other available rookies, and some actually very high value WRs like Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, etc. Most of the managers took top 40 picks, mostly RBs, and then 2 QBs, and more than a few took a Def as well due to the league using 2 of them scoring.

What advice can you guys give me here? Currently, I'm leaning on taking Luck over RGIII, but I dont think I go wrong with either of them, honestly. I just think Luck has more potential than RGIII in the long run; although if RGIII turns into a Vick clone thats not so bad either as long as he stays healthy.

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey.

I would grab Luck. IIRC Richardson has had 2 knee scopes... never a good thing.

I also think Marshall will have a giant year after being reunited with Cutler... if the OL can keep Cutler off the turf. :mischief:

Welker is... well, Welker + Brady throwing him tons of passes.

I've watched Luck play some this pre-season... he is sharp.

I dont think Welker is going to do as well as he usually does this year. He's unhappy, and Brandon Lloyd is sure to leech some of his looks.

Since the league is so QB friendly, and a keeper league to boot, I think i'm going to go with RGIII and hope he is a Vick in the making, albeit more durable. I would really like to draft Luck, but I simply dont think he has enough quality around him to allow him to thrive in the short term.

I also am on the fence if Carson Palmer will boom instead of bust as his receivers are having a hard time staying upright.

I'd take RGIII over luck myself. Which QB's are left?

I ended up taking RGIII. All that was left was the dregs, and in a 2 QB league even most of that got sucked up by the end.

Another odd thing was every single DST got drafted, so if you only drafted 2 you were potentially screwed on bye weeks in this 2 DST league.

Top Bottom