1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Oklahoma legislature overrides veto of abortion restriction bill, becomes worst state

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sumit1207, Apr 27, 2010.

1. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Notice I have been VERY careful to say "federal" all through this. I'm much more tolerant and accepting of State level entitlement programs.

2. Formaldehyde

Formaldehyde Both Fair And Balanced

So you deny that you really don't want "small government" at all, but you merely wish to selectively kill particular federal programs which you personally don't care about?

Once again, small government means less laws, not more. It means less interference in everybody's affairs, both domestically and foreign, not more.

Your form of small government is no different than Reagan's or GWB's version.

3. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

See, one of the problems I have with the way conservatives do things in the US today is that sometimes you choose to fail at the goals of a program in order to have the methods of the program meet some ideological litmus test. Where, generally speaking, liberals would rather have programs that actually do what they are trying to do. :)

4. bhsup

bhsup Deity

My ideological litmus test is the law. So much of what the feds do violates the Constitution, the highest law of the land. But the executive, legislative and judicial are in collusion to pass, approve, and then declare 'constitutional' anything they want done, so there is nothing to do about it but rant.

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Rant? That's not going to be very seceshful.

6. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

No. It is an ideology of what you wish the law was. Not what it really is.

7. GhostWriter16

GhostWriter16 Deity

You are 100% right. Except, if enough of America wanted, they could do something.

8. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I would never have expected this thread to turn towards the age old Creationism verses Traducianism debate.

I am undecided, but have started to lean towards the later as I also started to lean towards the doctrine of Conditional Immortality.

The doctrine of original sin as conceived by Augustine at alli makes a lot more sense with traducianism, but I do not agree with such a view.

The term "dominion" gives us the right to use animals like slaves, but even slaves had some rights. Killing animals for food was not allowed until after the Flood, at which points some limits for killing them humanely were given.

9. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

:goodjob: I support this so those welfare states will have to pull their own load
    An amendment to the Constitution can't be unconstitutional