Old About Avatar's and How to get one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by funxus
Very nice graphics. I see you are into shields.:)

LOL, I didn't even notice that, it does look like all I do is shields LMAO I was working on graphics for about 8 hours yesterday, they all started to look the same :crazyeye: Here are a couple I did for some friends in another forum (size of avatar's could be bigger there, so had a few more options :) )

Originally posted by Lyonesse
Without “background” (or transparent)

The reason this happens is that some of the “outer edges” of the graphic itself are very light in color. Because there is not a “darker” color in the background it does not “stand out”. Though one CAN make “lighter” into “darker” outlines, it does take quite some time to do, and often doesn’t produce the desired “effect” (IMHO). On this forum (IMO) the outer lines of the graphic should be of a darker color if transparency is used.

Would it be also possible to list the step by step on how to make a background transparent? :)

Hey Lyonesse I see you're great with avatars, which is why my request feels stupid and simple. Can you make this:

Under the size limit? And is it possible to make it 65x65 without distorting it? I dont' mind it being oddly shaped but if it could be 65x65 without distortion (somehow) that would be great.

We need bigger avatars...:(

I can give you the photoshop step by step :) But being a program that a lot of people don't have ($$$$) I don't know how much use that would be. As for other programs I'm sure other "creators" <hint hint> can help :goodjob:

note: If someone can give me the step by steps for the programs they are using I will be more than willing to add them to the FAQ's above

I can give you the photoshop step by step :) But being a program that a lot of people don't have ($$$$) I don't know how much use that would be. As for other programs I'm sure other "creators" <hint hint> can help :goodjob:

note: If someone can give me the step by steps for the programs they are using I will be more than willing to add them to the FAQ's above

Well I do have Paint Shop Pro 4 installed in my Computer. I can experiment and try to get it to go transparent.

Originally posted by cgannon64
Hey Lyonesse I see you're great with avatars, which is why my request feels stupid and simple. Can you make this:

Under the size limit? And is it possible to make it 65x65 without distorting it? I dont' mind it being oddly shaped but if it could be 65x65 without distortion (somehow) that would be great.

We need bigger avatars...:(

Here is the 65x65 version.... Is this what you wanted?

Thank you for the compliment! And yes we need bigger avatars! 100x100 would be big enough for "details" and still not too big IMO <hint, hint mods :) >

Originally posted by CivGeneral

Well I do have Paint Shop Pro 4 installed in my Computer. I can experiment and try to get it to go transparent.

That would be really cool CivGeneral. I will work on a step by step for photoshop if you could work on Paint Shop :goodjob:

That would be really cool CivGeneral. I will work on a step by step for photoshop if you could work on Paint Shop :goodjob:

I made a thread on it. Ill post a link to it here

Here is the 65x65 version.... Is this what you wanted?

Thank you for the compliment! And yes we need bigger avatars! 100x100 would be big enough for "details" and still not too big IMO <hint, hint mods :) >

Thanks! Its not as sharp but that must be sacrificed for size...

EDIT: That one is too big. :( Could you possibly make the original (rectangular) one under the size limit? Its something like 4096k but you can check to get an exact number..

Originally posted by cgannon64

Thanks! Its not as sharp but that must be sacrificed for size...

EDIT: That one is too big. :( Could you possibly make the original (rectangular) one under the size limit? Its something like 4096k but you can check to get an exact number..

okay.....<growling at size limits again LOL>

I think this one is within the limits :)

65x65, 4k

65x50, 4k

Your shields look great, do you think you could make an avatar for me sometime? To answer your questions:

1. Some sort of shield would probably be best.
2. Colors I would prefer to be fairly dark, nothing too light or vibrant.
3. No wording necessary, unless you want to add "AA" or something onto the shield.
4. I don't have any sample graphics
5. N/A
6. I'd rather not have a transparent background, but it would all depend on what you'd come up with.
7. Here are the past avatars I've had on these froums so that you have an idea of what I like:

Attachments

5.1 KB · Views: 593
Originally posted by aaminion00
Your shields look great, do you think you could make an avatar for me sometime? To answer your questions:

1. Some sort of shield would probably be best.
2. Colors I would prefer to be fairly dark, nothing too light or vibrant.
3. No wording necessary, unless you want to add "AA" or something onto the shield.
4. I don't have any sample graphics
5. N/A
6. I'd rather not have a transparent background, but it would all depend on what you'd come up with.
7. Here are the past avatars I've had on these froums so that you have an idea of what I like:

Ooooooooookay.....here we go....I will add them to this post as I get them done!

ooooooooooo....I like that third & fourth one LOL
4th one the A's are spaced out better ;)
Any of the above or any combination....I'll work on somemore later (but I REALLY like that third & fourth one LMAO)

Which adobe is best or are they mostly just cumulative? Is CS the newest version?

Originally posted by sourboy
Which adobe is best or are they mostly just accumulative? Is CS the newest version?

I am currently behind the curve as far as Photoshop goes (just can't afford to "upgrade" at this point) I'm on Photoshop 6.0 (with TONS of plug=ins) And yes, CS is the newest version (you could buy it for me LOL!) :rotfl: I'd LOVE :love: to have it :goodjob: but at $649.00 it may take a while (by then they'll be on 9.0 LOL)

Wow, Lyonesse, those look great! Good job! :goodjob:

Any chance you could do wonders with this logo?:

Mainly the skull with the two guns...everything else can be taken out.

Thanks a bunch! I look forward to your artwork. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom