old future mod fix request and mabey add new stuff

Civ4newbie

Warlord
hi I tried asking this in the old thread for the future mod but no response, the mod was stoped working on in 2011 or abandoned by tholish the maker of the mod, there is a problem with the mod, it only plays classical music in the beginning until the modern era, can someone please give this mod a fix for the music and just have the world era music play according to the era your civ is in like for example midevilor middle ages music from the civ4 or beyond the sword soundtrack for the dark era once you reach it in the tech tree. can someone make a fix for this please? also unlock all the civs for being playable exept for the aliens of course, there is a way to unlock the civs already by changing some xml files but id like to see the fix for the game anyway so I don't have to change the stuff myself.

I also noticed that I have the appropriate tech that reveals construction stone in the game and no stone was found in my civ ereas but its possible that is because there just isn't any construction stone in my civ boarders, thee is lots of hills so I don't get why there is none available or I cant find any or quarry for any? if its a glitch please fix that too. I may be wrong but I think the last update for this mod was civ ultralight and once I installed the mod I overighted the mod with ultralight so it possible that that may be causing the construction stone reveal glitch because that ultralight file is not needed or I installed it incorrectly.

as for new stuff id like to see it, I cant mod but I have ideas,is my request for more stuff going to be granted too, is this mod going to be picked back up and worked on again? this can be like the caveman to cosmos mod but less content and even use stuff from the cavemantocosmos mod, I think there was going to be sea cities and and future sea stuff for the mod but it was never continued, the graphics don't have to be the latest and the greatest, I don't care much for graphics as long as there decent and the future mod graphics are good enough, I would like to see sea cities and the future sea stuff for the earth like generated planets/worlds on the maps. the religions are enough but Id like to see a secular and atheist state option for the future eras witch I think there is something like that already called no state, in that case, its fine or good enough but I don't know if having no state is good or makes it worse,does it make it worse for game play?. Id like to see special units added for the civs or something like civ culture units that belong to the civs but if that slows down the game or takes up more memory then forget it. id like the teach tree to cut all the ancient tech down to fit more eras into the game making a offishal preciv era or neolitihic era first, then ancient and/or after that classical antiquities. after the classical/antiquities era make the dark era a offishal era too because in the game its not a era and only dark technology. I had a idea for continuing the game once you get all the techs and get the warp drive tech, the turn after you get the warp drive tech unlocks the galactic map witch turns your map into the final frontier map with the final frontier music for the rest of the game and you can colonize different star systems and space with alien civs as your new rivals/allies, ect.. with space pirates/barbarians, the green looking alien civ can be used for a alien civ as well as the moo2 mod non earth like alien civs(not using for example the cat look alike alien civ witch is more earth like)

There is a recent thread about mod soundtracks here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=548937

As for the future era ideas you have that is beyond anything anyone has ever attempted for Civ4, I mean the switch to the Final Frontier galaxy type map.

The sea citys and that are good ideas though...don't get me wrong. I hope others could chime in here and give you more feedback Civ4Newbie because you seem to have a lot of ideas you want to implement, and that my friend is how people start modding :)

I added a sort of "sea cottage" to my own mod for my future era. It's not really like land cottages because it doesn't grow (I didn't feel like doing all that code work), but it gives extra commerce and, after a certain tech, one hammer per tile. The limiting factor is that they can only be built on ocean tiles, which means plenty of coastal cities will be lucky to get even one. But it also makes those one-land-tile ocean cities actually useful!

It was pretty simple to do IIRC, and I may even have taken the art from Caveman2Cosmos.

Top Bottom