Old-Growth Woods no longer provide additional appeal?

I'm not sure if this has already been reported, or if this is just a bug in my game, but I don't appear to be getting the additional +1 appeal from Old-Growth Woods after developing the Conservation Civic.

upload_2020-7-14_23-2-30.png

I have been playing a game as the Mapuche all day today and got to the Conservation Civic to hopefully boost the appeal in my lands and therefore boost the culture from my Chemamull unique tile improvement, but upon developing the Conseration Civic, woods within my borders now have the "Woods (old-growth)" name when you hover over them they do not give any additional appeal compared to pre-Conservation woods.

The tile I am hovering over in the image above is a basic empty tundra tile not next to any rivers, lakes, imprvements that will provide positive or neative appeal, with the acception of a single tile of "Woods (old-growth)" adjacent to it which should provide +2 appeal (+1 for woods and +1 for old growth), but as you can see this tile only has the appeal rating of 1. (I've also purchased a Naturalist which can be seen in the image in the city centre to prove that I do have the Conservation Civic).

I'm not sure if this has been an issue since the June 2020 Patch as I never noticed it until now (because it's something you can easily miss if you are not focusing on appeal or playing as an appeal orientated Civ like Mapuche).

Can people confirm if I'm going crazy or not?

Unlike everything else in the game, the old growth appeal actually only applies to the tile with the old growth woods on it. It doesn't apply to adjacent tiles. As far as I know, it's always been that way.

Unlike everything else in the game, the old growth appeal actually only applies to the tile with the old growth woods on it. It doesn't apply to adjacent tiles. As far as I know, it's always been that way.
I just looked it up on the Wiki too now... and you are right; it specifically says "+1 appeal on it's own tile"...

I'm actually in shock about this; I've played 3,684 hours of Civ6 all the way from day-1 launch and always focused heavily on managing my appeal for the best national parks, seaside resorts, neighbourhoods and Civ-specific bonuses like Australia and Mapuche... but for all that time I was sure I was right about old-growth providing +1 additional appeal to adjacent tiles... wow...

I just looked it up on the Wiki too now... and you are right; it specifically says "+1 appeal on it's own tile"...
The in-game text states it as well,
Woods in your territory that have never been removed (old-growth) gain +1 Appeal.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
It was "supposed" to be that way, but the mechanic was discovered to be broken/not implemented around two years ago and was subsequently fixed with the Gathering Storm update in Feb. 2019 version 1.0.0.290.

Top Bottom