1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Old save games and new expansion

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Piobmhor, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Piobmhor

Piobmhor Chieftain

I was wondering if I can finish my pre-bnw game after the expansion has installed? Or will that make my old save game incompatible? Thanks

2. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

If it is anything like the previous expansion, then yes you can - the expansion will just auto-deactivate itself when loading the game (so no BNW content for that save - you need to start a new game to enjoy the new expansion's features).

I'm not sure whether it auto-reactivates when you go back to the main menu - if not, just select "DLC" from the main menu and re-activate it!

:)

3. Piobmhor

Piobmhor Chieftain

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a few achievements missing due to the last patch, and they still haven't fixed it.

4. rw42

rw42 Chieftain

My Brave New World finished downloading about 10 AM Tues and I wanted to get back to Pax Roma Aeternim. I had to deactivate the BNW DLC by hand, but it did work and I am proceeding on my last pre-BNW achievement.:)