Oligarchy still broken?

snoochems

Prince
Is Oligarchy still broke? I was hitting for 8/10 before, and a few turns later I'm only getting 4/5.

I was under the impression that Oligarchy doubled the damage. Should I be getting only even numbers then?

I think you need a unit garrisoned, not just sitting in a city. e.g. if you fire with an archer from a city, then he is not garrisoned that turn anymore, so city will do half strength. Could that be something? I just read that around.

yeah. a unit is perma in the city, garrisoned.

Can't u garrison an archer and bombard first to get the full damage, and then take the archer out and fire with it on the same turn?

units can be on the city tile and not garrisoned. if the unit is garrisoned the unit icon should be floating to the left of the city strength, and the ranged attack screen should list a garrisoned unit: +100% bonus (although it's not really a +100% combat strength - it is just a 2x multiplier)

units can be on the city tile and not garrisoned. if the unit is garrisoned the unit icon should be floating to the left of the city strength, and the ranged attack screen should list a garrisoned unit: +100% bonus (although it's not really a +100% combat strength - it is just a 2x multiplier)

Are you sure, I just don't see the modifier if I say fire with the Archer first and you certainly lose any other bonus (Unit isn't free, no extra happy or +2 culture)

It's one of my biggest peeves with the whole garrison system. Heck with the game.

yes, you lose all bonuses if you fire with the archer first, and additionally next turn it won't start out garrisoned. each turn requires this micromanagement: garrison the archer, fire with city, fire with archer

yes, you lose all bonuses if you fire with the archer first, and additionally next turn it won't start out garrisoned. each turn requires this micromanagement: garrison the archer, fire with city, fire with archer

I read your first post wrong but ya, it's the most frustrating thing EVER.

I've been loving my tradition builds, but it's seriously annoying me, Garrison, City Fire, Archer fire, while re-centering the map every time.

:mad:

Top Bottom