OMFGZ Roma is aplode for no reason!

Looks like you changed something in the UHV code.

Somebody is founding a religion at that turn and the game doesn't seem too happy with it, as far as I can tell (victory.py is the UHV file)

On a side note, when you're debugging what you're looking for in error logs is what happened in the code when the crash/weird things in game happened.
In this case, you're looking for either the time of the crash, or you look in the error logs for what the python exception actually was.

Here for instance, it appears there's some sort of error in victory.py (at the line number mentioned) and that the offending function is def onreligionfounded.

Check what India and Ethiopia are doing (they're mentioned in def onreligionfounded).
Also check who is founding Islam, Hinduism or Buddhism (they're the mentioned religions in def onreligionfounded)

Also, Baldyr meant you should look for "debug catapult" on these forums. As I recall, the catapult spawns whenever any spawning error occurs in Rhye's code.

Well, at least someone on the thread is being helpful...

So... why would this sort of thing only trigger when Rome is played by a human? And why would it have anything to do with a religion being founded? Rome isn't spawning with ANY techs, much less the ones that found religions. And I definitely didn't touch the UHV code.

In fact, when I tested these changes with Dawn of Civilization, I didn't even move the Christian Holy City from Rome to Jerusalem.

Also, I'm pretty sure that India and Ethiopia don't exist at the beginning of the 600AD scenario.

Hmmm... I can't find a file named "def onreligionfounded" in the Logs folder... :confused:

"def onReligionFounded" is a method in Victory.py.

Your problem is probably that you have enabled Rome as a playable faction in the wbsave without doing anything in the Python files to adapt for it.

So I'd have to mess with the Python to do this?

Crap. And I bet the Byzantines can't be made playable on the 3000 BC scenario without messing with Python too.

This sucks.

Yeah, that's the problem with programming, it requires programming skills :D

Anyway, the Byzantines also can't be made playable in 3000 BC because there are none (their slot is taken by the Celts).

Yeah, that's the problem with programming, it requires programming skills :D

Well, it's not just that. The whole idea for the project was that this would be a third playable scenario for the existing mod. Making a full-fledged modmod was beyond the scope of what I had wanted to do, even if I DID know Python.

Anyway, the Byzantines also can't be made playable in 3000 BC because there are none (their slot is taken by the Celts).

I'd have no problem erasing the Celts and replacing their functions (like the spawning of the cities in Gaul) with barbarians... except that this also would have been well beyond the scope of what I wanted this project to be.

Well, if one can't be bothered with learning programming, then it would be useful to befriend a programmer, not? Ah, you're not here to make friends, are you? My bad. :rolleyes:

I know you don't want to touch python, but I feel a much simpler solution to your problem is to spawn stuff (in whatever date you choose) in Rome in a 3000BC start and then watch them survive.

Well, if one can't be bothered with learning programming, then it would be useful to befriend a programmer, not? Ah, you're not here to make friends, are you? My bad. :rolleyes:
LOL

No, I'm not here to make friends. I'm here to talk about Civilization 4. Friends are people I talk to in real life (coincidentally, one of them is named Attila. He claims to be a painter, but I suspect that his real day job is ravaging central/western Europe).

I know you don't want to touch python,

Not for this project. I do plan on learning and using it eventually.

but I feel a much simpler solution to your problem is to spawn stuff (in whatever date you choose) in Rome in a 3000BC start and then watch them survive.

Playable Byzantines aren't an option in the 3000BC start.

There's no need to continue this discussion. This project is dead.

Top Bottom