1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

OMG!! WHAT JUST HAPPENED??!!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Damus Maximus, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

Ok, It's late in the game and I'm innocently minding my own business WHEN THIS HAPPENED!!
    WTF??
    CIV VI Barbs onslaught.jpg

cll3, KumaChan and Slayan like this.
  2. Gabriel Sergio

Gabriel Sergio Warlord

Let me tell you something
    PRAY FOR MERCY

Slayan likes this.
  3. Jaybe

Jaybe civus fanaticus Supporter

OMG, you must be unhappy, ... VERY unhappy. Like, check out the LACK of happiness in your cities, dude. They are in REVOLT!

You were NOT minding your own business because you were not keeping an eye on the happiness of your cities.

KumaChan likes this.
  4. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

yeah, but all was fine end of last turn, thern 2 civs declared war on me n EVERY ONE of my cities went into revolt! like -11 amenities and my civ went from +150 gold/turn to -570gold p/turn and bankrupt.
    cities in revolt.jpg

5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

You typed in ALL CAPITALS, that's what happened!
    Also, you went bankrupt, that is, you got negative income and no cash reserves. As things are now, in Civ 6 this is punishable by huge negative amenities, and subsequently, by a revolution. There's no more unit selling, so, it seems, you're dead. I had a situation like this long ago. Even with unit selling back then, there was no escape from this. Best of luck in your new games and build a few more commercial districts and harbors next time ;)

KumaChan and magha77 like this.
  6. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

Jus loaded autosave file n this is situation at end of prev turn, does anyone know wha caused my entire civ to revolt? or more importantly, how I can fix it.
    civ vi prev cities status jpg.jpg

7. Japper007

Japper007 Prince

Eh it's not inescapable, by this point you have walls in every city so the Barbs won't attack the cities (this AI bug still persists) while you plink away at them.

I recently recovered from a situation just like this easily: switch all policies to gold producing ones at earliest oppertunity, switch every city to gold producing infrastructure builds (markets, banks, lighthouses etc.)and delete your entire military. Soon you'll be making a few hundred per turn again and can start fighting back the Barbarian hordes. Heck if you're Gorgo you end up getting hundreds of culture in the bargain!:lol: It's a bit unrealistic but certainly recoverable. It'd be a nightmare in an MP scenario though were the opponent stands a chance at actually taking cities if you have no military.

KumaChan likes this.
  8. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

wasn't in negative income until revolt.
    toolbar.jpg

9. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

I'm got idea bout how to deal with the barbs, luckily i'm suzerain of yereven so apostles with convert barb promotion should solve that problem, but how can I stop revolt? or does it only last few turns?

10. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Wow, indeed that sounds like a plan!

11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

maybe you had trade routes to all those civs who declared war on you. after the DoW, you resulted in negative gpt.

Leyrann likes this.
  12. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, but your gold was low, and probably you had some trade deals and routes going with the AIs who DOWed you, and those got cancelled, which might have put you into the negatives, and that was enough for revolts to break out. Your goal is to get back into positives, as @Japper007 described, otherwise every few turns you'll get new waves of barbs. They may not take your cities, but they'll pillage everything in sight. And cities in revolt also get heavy production penalties.

KumaChan and Leyrann like this.
  13. Damus Maximus

Damus Maximus Chieftain

ah, I see what u mean now, that makes sense.
    can't see me recovering from this but never know.
    advanced a turn since my original post n cities now got -60 amenities!! lol
    cheers 4 help

14. gettingfat

gettingfat Emperor

By the time I have tanks I normally have over 10k cash reserve and at least 300GPT, and building it up for doubling by the Big Ben. You have 28 trade route capacity but only $19 left and less than 100GPT??? If you handle money like Johnny Depp then don't complain about the bursting of bubble.

KumaChan and Leyrann like this.
  15. bladex

bladex Emperor

welcome to war wariness!

16. stormerne

stormerne is just a Retired Moderator

One thing that sometimes causes sharp negative cash flow is when one or more policy cards become obsolete and you don't notice. One moment you're financially stable with good income; the next moment the money is flowing out quickly. Checking the policy slots usually reveals that at least one has become blank.

My feeling is when that happens is that's it's either a bug or that at the very least the game is being overly punitive. In any case, as soon as you make sure all your policy slots are filled, the situation rights itself. And if several of the policies are gold-oriented, the faster it turns around.

Not saying that's what happened in this case, and it would seem far too late to help, but it's something to watch in future.

KumaChan and Victoria like this.
  17. playshogi

playshogi Emperor

You had a lot of displeased cities before the revolt. The first screen is misleading because the cities in the first screen are sorted by happiness with Lisbon at the bottom "displeased", but there are more cities beyond that, because on the second screen you can see hardly any cities from the first list on the second list.

KumaChan likes this.
  18. Karmah

Karmah Emperor Supporter

post the save it seems like a load of fun to get out this

KumaChan and Eliminator_Sr like this.
  19. KoKid90

KoKid90 Chieftain

Do we know of all the effects to being bankrupt as well as the numbers ( - x gold = ? at what intervals, etc.) ?

20. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Being bankrupt makes your unit get disbanded every few turns. Also penalty in happiness and production, and a chance to revolt.

KumaChan likes this.