On Baths and Showers

I shower in the morning every day but Saturday, and very occasionally in the afternoon/evening (usually on Saturday if I am going somewhere, or during the week if I am going somewhere and it was really hot out).

Showers. Baths are a waste of time and water, not to mention if you soak long enough you're just stewing in your own filth. As for the frequency, I used to shower twice a day in the hot days in Hong Kong simply because whenever I came home I was always soaked with sweat from humidity, gym or a combo of both. Nowadays the only reason I would consider showering twice would be in the winter months when it's cold and I want to be toasty warm before bed.

I shower every morning. (If I wake up in the afternoon, that counts as morning.) Sometimes I'll have a bath at night.

You don't shower in the morning?

I find that very strange.. I feel "icky" the whole day if I don't.

Not me. I generally don't sweat that much. I generally shower in the evening, sometimes in the morning when I'm really cold (maybe its because I drink a lot of milk with breakfast). Sometimes I skip a day between showers. Nobody has said I stink (if I get really sweaty during the day I'll take a shower no matter what). It could be that I load up on deoderant and cologne.

My sister and mom generally gasp when they go into the bathroom after I've loaded up on the cologne (also, the dog sneezes when I walk by). Perhaps I do use a bit too much. :mischief:

Or perhaps because for some reason my room is always about 10 degrees hotter than the rest of the house (right next to the furnace, the door and windows always closed, and I generally have my computer, and tv on).

Most people who smell are oblivious of it - and it's impolite to tell someone that they smell, so most people won't.

I tend to notice mine relatively quickly, hence my general bath in cologne (could also be that I'm kind of self conscious). Also, if you knew the people I work and went to school with, you'd have said otherwise on the impolite thing. You can't get more impolite than these people. Perhaps the teachers and my bosses aren't generally like that, but most of the co-workers and other students wouldn't hesitate to say so.

I shower after I sweat a lot. Since I do heavy exercise nearly every day, I shower nearly every day.

What's the point in showering in the morning? Do you all sleep in mud?

It makes more sense to be to be 100% fresh by having a shower in the morning than having one in the evening and then being 70% fresh the next day.
And my hair gets mucked up in bed (and its so much harder to do when I don't blow dry it).
AND it makes you so much more awake :D.

I don't go to the shower in mornings, except if I have to go somewhere. Man, the water here is cold, VERY COLD at the morning. Like pipelined from Siberia!
I usually take a shower at 12:45 then 18:00 when I come from the college. I once took a shower before sleeping too, but since I got a nasty flu I din't it anymore.

I have so much sympathy for you!
And why is your school so late?

Top Bottom