On Consistency

Genuine question Mr D.

Is it just me or have you gone a little weird?

Well, yes, but this thread isn't a part of that. Some posts have been a little sideways though, since the girlfriend got me back into smoking pot.

I've mostly just been trying to have more fun on here though.

Edit: I don't want the mods to think I'm condoning the use of an oppressed plant. It creates terrible posters and will kill your firstborn.

Life is chaotic, and we like predictability. Someone acting consistently might mean that they've found the answers, which we're constantly looking for.

Life is chaotic, and we like predictability. Someone acting consistently might mean that they've found the answers, which we're constantly looking for.

But if life is chaotic, then how can consistency be a good sign of truth? It could easily be a sign of settling for an answer.

I am told that it is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Hobgoblins are 1+1HD creatures, and are consequently a reasonable challenge for low level parties.

Therefore, consistency is good for getting a game up and running, but once the characters hit level six or so you will want to move on to your bugbears.

I am told that it is the hobgoblin of little minds.

Hobgoblins are 1+1HD creatures, and are consequently a reasonable challenge for low level parties.

Therefore, consistency is good for getting a game up and running, but once the characters hit level six or so you will want to move on to your bugbears.

So you're saying that consistency makes larger concepts easier to understand, but once the larger concepts are within grasp consistency can be disregarded?

Don't read too much into that, he could have just been consistent on his definition of a hobgoblin. :)

Consistency is objectively a good thing because like Perfection points out, without it we'd hobgoblins ADD posting my mom can't Reaganites.

Without consistency, it's less like "poop" and more like "really gross water".

See, consistency tells you not a lot. Might be consistently right, or consistently wrong. There's no way to tell.

But inconsistency tells you it's bollocks. Or, rather, that at least some of it must be bollocks. Which can be useful to know.

Top Bottom