on corruption and food

dirtworm

Warlord
i was looking at the massive amount of corruption i was gaining...again...as i began taking over the world...and i noticed...wouldn't it make sense for food also to fall to corruption? thats a major problem in Africa, the people who control the towns are not getting food to the town's folk. is there anyway you can mod it so that food can get corrupted...i dunno might add a bit of a twist...

I don't believe it's possible. The only corruption changes in the editor are across the board changes. Since it's hardcoded that food is not effected, changing corruption has no effect on it.

This might be possible in Civ4, but I don't know.

I don't believe it's possible. The only corruption changes in the editor are across the board changes. Since it's hardcoded that food is not effected, changing corruption has no effect on it.

This might be possible in Civ4, but I don't know.
*cringes* civ 4....i highly dislike that game...i don't wanna play a civ game for fancy insane 3d graphics, i'd rather have a closer to civ 3 graphic thing then full blown 3d

Didn't CIv1 have droughts taking place randomly ? Im not sure how that worked or if Im even thinking of the same game, But yours is a good idea Mr. dirtworm. To bad it is not possible, even in Civ4 Ive herd of no such thing as of yet.

I know CIv2 let you bring extra foods to other starving citys to make them grow but nothing like you discribe has ever been possible. Sorry :dunno:

i was looking at the massive amount of corruption i was gaining...again...as i began taking over the world...and i noticed...wouldn't it make sense for food also to fall to corruption? thats a major problem in Africa, the people who control the towns are not getting food to the town's folk. is there anyway you can mod it so that food can get corrupted...i dunno might add a bit of a twist...

But this corruption thing in Civ isn't actual corruption, as in the real world.

I see it more as resources that are not spend under the direct control of the leader.

I see it more as resources that are not spend under the direct control of the leader.
but...a courthouse helps with some of the corruption...therefore it must be some sort of lawbreaking/person thing not unspent resources...

Well I doubt the lawbreaking person is spending their time stockpiling food instead of money and shields. ;)

I always think of corruption as gold spent bribing local officials. The further from the capitol you are, the bolder they are in making demands. Also, as the road from the capitol (and the treasury) gets longer, there are more officials on the road in between to bribe. Hence, corruption gets higher the further you are from the capitol.

The Civ4 editor is, from my undestanding, much more powerful than the Civ3 one.

There is no editor in Civ4. There is a worldbuilder, that only allows you to change your world. You can't alter rules, units, ANYTHING from there. It's much inferior to Civ3. Every rule editing and stuff like that is done through programming and using XML. :shake:

There is no editor in Civ4. There is a worldbuilder, that only allows you to change your world. You can't alter rules, units, ANYTHING from there. It's much inferior to Civ3. Every rule editing and stuff like that is done through programming and using XML. :shake:

hence editing in civ4 is much more powerful, but also much less user-friendly...

I always think of corruption as gold spent bribing local officials.

Thats what corruption is in RL!

The further from the capitol you are, the bolder they are in making demands. Also, as the road from the capitol (and the treasury) gets longer, there are more officials on the road in between to bribe. Hence, corruption gets higher the further you are from the capitol.

Thats how it doesn't work in RL, or do you think corruption in San Francisco is 90% and in Washington it is 0% ? (*waits for someone commenting on it being the other way around*)

It is more like corruption in Civ3 symbolizes inefficiencies due to a large empire.

hence editing in civ4 is much more powerful, but also much less user-friendly...

True, but "the editor" is clearly not more powerful than Civ3, not even being there at all in Civ4! So yes, it is powerful, but it takes so much effort to do something that takes 3 clicks in Civ3 that I don't find it worth it.

You know, it's really annoying when you do that. We all know that Civ4 doesn't have an editor. But thanks to the XML programming aspect of it, you can mod much more in Civ4 than you can in Civ3.

Is it so hard to leave it at that?

You know, it's really annoying when you do that. We all know that Civ4 doesn't have an editor. But thanks to the XML programming aspect of it, you can mod much more in Civ4 than you can in Civ3.

Is it so hard to leave it at that?

Oh yes, it is very easy to leave it at that. But it is even easier not to log in on this forums, click this particular forum and even read what is written in this thread.

"We all know". What exactly do you mean? Dirtworm is not a new user, actually he's one year older (join date, not age) than me, and he has Civ4. So most likely he knows. But I've seen tens... no wait! Hundreds of threads in which people are confused because of something like this, especially when it is about the editor. Want some links? You moved yourself some of those threads in the Creation and Customization forum. I did the respect-worthy work of clearing things from your posts.

I, for one, did not know Civ4 doesn't have an editor until I actually wanted to edit the rules in the worldbuilder. And I got it months after it went out, in all this time I've been lurking and posting a lot in the Civ4 forum (mainly complaining about various aspects which I didn't like). "We all know" says it all. Maybe you are right, it's not hard to leave it like that. I'm wasting my time trying to help in this forum, and all I get is someone telling me to leave it at that, and that I'm annoying. You are right, I'm wasting my time on this forum.

Didn't CIv1 have droughts taking place randomly ?

Plus, Pirates would show up and empty your granery if you didn't have a barracks.

Oh yes, it is very easy to leave it at that. But it is even easier not to log in on this forums, click this particular forum and even read what is written in this thread.

"We all know". What exactly do you mean? Dirtworm is not a new user, actually he's one year older (join date, not age) than me, and he has Civ4. So most likely he knows. But I've seen tens... no wait! Hundreds of threads in which people are confused because of something like this, especially when it is about the editor. Want some links? You moved yourself some of those threads in the Creation and Customization forum. I did the respect-worthy work of clearing things from your posts.

I, for one, did not know Civ4 doesn't have an editor until I actually wanted to edit the rules in the worldbuilder. And I got it months after it went out, in all this time I've been lurking and posting a lot in the Civ4 forum (mainly complaining about various aspects which I didn't like). "We all know" says it all. Maybe you are right, it's not hard to leave it like that. I'm wasting my time trying to help in this forum, and all I get is someone telling me to leave it at that, and that I'm annoying. You are right, I'm wasting my time on this forum.
yeah i have civ 4...which i am disgusted at...
but yeah i never fiddle around with those editors...don't have enough time to sit down and analyze it and still be able to play...

Top Bottom