On Same-sex and Extended Marriage

Since this thread has been bumped back up, I'll add on the Anglo-Saxon conspiracy theory that the first part of North America to embrace Same-sex marriages (political support, popular support) was the one not-Anglo-Saxon province.

I realize this is off-topic, but I just wanted you to know that "Anglo-Saxon Conspiracy Theory" is holding strong at #4 over in /r/bandnames

No, I mean why is it ridiculous?

There are pronounced biological differences between man and women and act differently in social situations. That's bound to make same-sex relationships and opposite-sex relationships to be different, even when both are of a sexual nature. It is not necessarily a matter of reducing discrimination and may also simply involve recognising differences.

I do not necessarily oppose gay marriage. It is just that you can't force any differences to be effaced.

Marriage is a heterosexual institution. Homosexuals should invent their own separate one. Instead of interefering to a system which is there to benefit those who reproduce. Homosexuals must not lay claims on cultural, legal or economical privileges aimed at reproductive part of population. Period.

Marriage is a heterosexual institution. Homosexuals should invent their own separate one. Instead of interefering to a system which is there to benefit those who reproduce. Homosexuals should not lay claims on cultural, legal or economical privileges aimed at reproductive part of population. Period.

What about heterosexual couples unable to reproduce?

What about heterosexual couples unable to reproduce?

This is a different story, they are handicapped, it is not their choice, it is a tradegy. It is not always known or present from the start. There's nothing wrong for those people to have adopted children.

Homosexuals have all the tools to make a child and natural family. But they choose not to. Children should not pay for sexual lives of adults. Children must have the right to grow the natural way.

In what delusional la-la-land, exactly, does gay marriage cause children to grow up in unnatural ways?

I could see the "logic" (in the loosest sense imaginable, ie it would be logical from the point of view of a bigot) if we were talking about gay adoption that may cause children to be raised by gay couples, but last I checked gay marriage and gay adoption are two separate issues.

So please, enlighten me, Aleksey. How does gay marriage cause children to grow up unnaturally? How does the existence of gay marriage cause children to pay for the sexual lives of adult?

Marriage is a heterosexual institution. Homosexuals should invent their own separate one. Instead of interefering to a system which is there to benefit those who reproduce. Homosexuals must not lay claims on cultural, legal or economical privileges aimed at reproductive part of population. Period.
But in a secular state marriage in general is not aimed at reproductive part of population.

I could see the "logic" (in the loosest sense imaginable, ie it would be logical from the point of view of a bigot) if we were talking about gay adoption that may cause children to be raised by gay couples, but last I checked gay marriage and gay adoption are two separate issues.

One leads to the other.

But in a secular state marriage in general is not aimed at reproductive part of population.

Why? It still creates the conditions. Those who prefer sex to children are not fond of marriage nor use it to its fullest.

Not particularly. Several places grant adoption right to single pepeople; and it's at least in theory possible to grant gay marriage rights without gay adoption right.

By the samne logic you could argue that the granting of ANY right to gay couples lead to gay adoption. This is nonsensical thrash, not a reasonable opinion.

Other rights are theirs by default. Actually, marriage and having children too. They just want to modify every right to suit their perversity. And I'm not sure those are actually them and not some smaller lobby inside them + heterosexual politicians.

If you turn it this way we all have dozen of those little special features to classify us to dozen little minorities. Why homosexuals are so special?

I am 1.9+ m high, I hit door-case in subway trains with my head. Handlings are too low, sits are too low, windows in buses are too low. Discrimination! I want my own culture of high people, I want pride-parades of high people.

Did I tell you I am also thin? Do you know how difficult the life in Russia is when you are both high and thin? They oppress me everyday! They will never let me to be a cosmonaut with this constitution! I am gonna kill myself!

Marriage and family institutions encourage people to have children. When you modify these institutions to suit homosexuals there will be far less encouragement. You can't modify something indefinitely, once it will completely change, its original functions and capabilities will cease. Reproduction is the most crucial thing, and you suggest to destroy its facilities for some whims.

I don't understand. How will gay people getting married discourage straight couples from having kids?

This is a different story, they are handicapped, it is not their choice, it is a tradegy. It is not always known or present from the start. There's nothing wrong for those people to have adopted children.

Homosexuals have all the tools to make a child and natural family. But they choose not to. Children should not pay for sexual lives of adults. Children must have the right to grow the natural way.

What if I go knowingly into a marriage aware I will never want to have children? What of same sex marriages with preexisting children, those who adopt, or who use surrogacy or a donor to have a child?

Untenable distinction. A lot of actual married couples will tell you they don't get married for the purpose of having children.

For some people marriage is a property arrangement or a tool for smoothing interactions with immigration policies.

Top Bottom