On Stories and Tales

need my speed

Rex Omnium Imperarium
Something I have noticed over the years, is that stories and tales get progressively 'worse' - and yes, this is entirely subjective - as one moves from the Civilization III, to IV, to V subfora. Civilization III's story subforum has many stories of a great quality, such as Pax Romana, Hail Caesar, and more.

Civilization IV's story subforum has many, many, many more stories, with some very nice ones, but all in all, there are no notable stories that stay within memory for years, as far as I have seen. The King of the World series is one I remember, but that wasn't qualitatively great - it was just nice.

Civilization V's story subforum, on the other hand, seems to be full of 'let's play' videos. I can't find (almost?) no recent stories.

I wonder why that is so - and if this is an accurate observation at all?

Neal's King of the World was actually in Civ4 Strategy & Tips, not in Stories & Tales. Civ4 Stories & Tales suffered from AAR's being dispersed between the two subforums, whereas it seems that the Civ3 subforum culture placed all AAR's in the Stories subsection, making the audience for Stories section wider.

Top Bottom