One account can't login to Hotmail, but a different account can

zulu9812

The Newbie Nightmare
I have a very weird issue here. My friend cannot login to her hotmail.co.uk email account: there's no message about the password or username being wrong, it just comes up with a page saying the inbox is unavailable. In Chrome, it says:

Code:
This webpage is not available

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

There's a link to show "details" which when clicked says:

Code:
The webpage at https://outlook.live.com/owa/?rru=inbox might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

But, I am able to login to my hotmail.com account and view my inbox, using the same browser on the same computer.

It's a work computer, so some of the advanced browser settings are unavailable.

My friend was able to login to her hotmail account on a colleague's iPad, so the issue is not with her login details.

I thought it might be the way in which the computer is connecting to the work network, so I tried restarting the PC and trying again but we get the same error. I have also tried clearing Chrome's temp. data.

I could accept that there was an issue with the work network connecting to hotmail servers (albeit temporarily, since my friend could login yesterday). What I find odd is that her account does not work, whilst mine does. The only difference that I can see is that her account is for a .co.uk account and mine is for a .com one. But the login server seems to be same anyway, so I don't think it's that.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be going on here?

Top Bottom