1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One City Challenge/No C y Razing

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Gooblah, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Has anyone else tried this combo? Essentially, you're not allowed to build any settlers, you're granted five national wonders per city (IIRC), and every city you take, you keep. It only works in BTS, though.

It's pretty fun, especially on the Earth 18 Civs Map as Isabella.:lol:

2. sinergistic

sinergistic Chieftain

Sort of defeats the purpose of a One City Challenge, don't you think? :p

3. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Well, you still can't build settlers, so it is still more challenging than otherwise. Plus, you can't raze cities, so it would pay to be careful about maintenance costs.

4. carl corey

carl corey Deity

Wait, so you can still build more than 2 National Wonders in the capital? Man, that's gotta be an insane game. Just take Huayna and get a second and third cities from the first AI you meet! :lol: How about building NWs in other cities? What rules apply there?

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

5 national wonders in every city?! As in...you could put the HE in every city? I think it's more like you can just put them all in one city if you choose.

An interesting variant but probably harder than just default settings...although far easier than pure OCC.

6. nNemethon

nNemethon Chieftain

No, you can't repeat/multiple build the same NW's or WW's, just like a normal game. Now a Capitol with Bereaucracy.... :lol: I've played this way a few times and yes it's a heap of fun. I usually play it using the Tectonic maps so you end up with up to 6 food bonus tiles in your Capitol BFC and when you get the rest as hills it's just insane what you can do lol.

7. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

Are you sure this works? I just tried one as Genghis on a small Pangaea, and it didn't give me the option to capture cities. I was playing BtS. I think it's when I hover over OCC in the options menu, it does say, "the human player is only allowed to control one city," so I would think maybe they programmed out this exploit.

8. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Yeah, it works, I've played dozens of games with the options enabled. It should be One City Challenge and No City Razing. Surprisingly, it doesn't work in Vanilla Civ4, only BTS AFAIK.

9. Cabledawg

Cabledawg King

I just tried it twice and it didnt work. Can you post a save where you know in ad1fvance that its working?

10. Kevie

Kevie King Kevie

yeah i tried the same thing, i made sure i put 'no city razing' and 'OCC'
    citys were razed ;[

has anyone tried making a mod where, you do OCC, but u can capture cities, but those cities cant build anything, nor add towards ur science/etc, but only there to block space.
    something like that, lol

11. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

Are you on BTS 3.17, perchance? That may have fixed that bug, since I was using BTS 3.13 before it was killed in a horrible accident involving Regedit. :mischief:

12. Kevie

Kevie King Kevie

yeah i'm patched 3.17
    so i guess the occ+no city razing doesnt work in 3.17?

13. Dresden

Dresden Emperor

Yeah, this was fixed in 3.17; quoting the patch notes:
    Code:
    Fixed auto-raze bug with certain game option combinations