One City Challenge

Jarrema

Master Voter
Any tips for interesting (and not too hard) OCC game?
Is this mod more or less playable in this way than vanilla civ?

I'd say it is almost impossible to play now. I like to do it, but if I do, I make a scenario with a super starting position (basically: as much resources in vicinity as allowed), all types of terrain (mostly Lush), Mountains/Ice to protect all of my area but a small 1 tile path etc) And the last time I tried it without the restricted slaves and it went pretty good (not too far behind on deity). The reason I had to stop it in the early TH era was not because it was boring (the AI was fairly behind then thou) but because an overflow occured so that I can't increase my science output any further.

Only possible scenario where OCC still could work without "cheating" such a wonderfull starting position would be on VERY small maps with only 1-3 AI with 6 cities at most. And then of course the right settings like: Unlimited wonders, unlimited religious, no religious disabeling, no realistic corporations etc

thank you!

Its unfortunate, but I expected something like that.

In fact, I just wanted to check how it looks, and I found that the option to play OCC is missing from the game menu (??)

Yes, it is turned invisible by default now. It's pretty easy to make it visible again:

Go in you C2C Folder, look for

Assets -> XML -> Gameinfo and then search for the "CIV4GameOptionInfos" open it, look for the One city challenge and set visible from 0 to 1. Then save. If you load your C2C now it appears under options.

thank you!

is this the same in the case of "no settlers" option?
(I think I'll try that, with advanced start, instead of OCC)

Top Bottom