One City Challenger

Elsaak

European und Réunionnais
Hi !
Just a short question :

How many of U will play the OCC for this GOTM#16 ?

I didn't actually think of it, but it's not a bad idea.
There's a pretty good site on the north west coast of the starting continent. With no need for luxuries, I could get > 1500 science per turn out of it.
Starlifter (a previous voluminous poster to this forum) suggested a special star in the Hall of Fame for fastest OCC.
Matrix, can we resurrect this idea?
I think it might be fun.
Perhaps a poll?

There is already a honorable mention of any OCC challenger in a GOTM. Your name will be listed in YELLOW to show you played an OCC (not sure whether it has to be successful :p).

An extra award for the HoF might be a good idea though, since it could encourage more players to use this quicker way of playing the GOTM.
:D

Mon Cher La Fayette,
Qu'entends-tu par là ?
Tu n'aimes pas cette façon de jouer ?
Les règles et réflexes sont tout à réapprendre : l'OCC donne un peu plus de piment encore....
Et puis, bon, faire travailler une horde de p'tits n'ingénieurs, ça va un temps (-> fonction "K")

My Dear La Fayette,
What do U want to say ? Don't U like this way of play ?
OCC give a little bit more interest, because rules and reflexes had to be relurned...

And U have the "K" fonctions for all your engineers...

I think he was referring to Lucky's engineer count in gotm16.250 at last update :)...just about anything would be quicker than that.:D

Indeed! :lol:

But not the highest count in a GOTM this far.
And probably not really worth the trouble, at least it looks like it.
I´ll try your approach in the next GOTMs, Smash, the medium high-score finish. Tried that out in my second GOTM and fared relatively well with it, was still before really integrating every learned strategy.
Hope this helps to free more time for other things in the future.

A question relating to a high engineer (or other unit) count:
If you make > 255 of the same unit, are they all NONE after this, or are they still associated with a city?
I seem to remember doing this with engineers once, but I've lost the saved game (and my memory could be faulty).

They are still associated with a city.
Only the unit counter is reset after 255 and begins again starting from 0.
The units still require upkeep (food and shields).
At least in the version I´m playing, Fantastic World and in MGE, too.

by noughmaster:

A question relating to a high engineer (or other unit) count:
If you make > 255 of the same unit, are they all NONE after this, or are they still associated with a city?
I seem to remember doing this with engineers once, but I've lost the saved game (and my memory could be faulty).

You memory is not faulty. This was fixed in patch 1.07, and the NONEs were produced as a function of having large numbers of cities (typically 127). Save games loaded with a patched version will be cured.

Subsequent Civ flavors built upon debugged code do not have the bug at all.

:)

Top Bottom