1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One City Challenges are going to be harder.

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by CivCube, May 12, 2016.

1. CivCube

CivCube Feelin' defiant.

Without access to pure Wonder spam and the passive penalty that comes from not being able to access some tech bonuses, this will be interesting.

2. spfun

spfun King

Probably won't be doable on Deity anymore. Civ5 had the easiest OCC playing as Venice!

3. Denkt

Denkt Left permamently

Yes it is likely to get harder as the new mechanics such as active research and districts seems to favour huge empires.

4. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

And it looks right to me. Ignoring expansion and conquest shouldn't be an equally viable path in 4X game.

5. Talcove

Talcove Slayer of Spies

One thing that could make them somewhat easier are harbours being districts now. Since you can build a harbour without your city being directly on the coast it opens up the sea to your one city without wasting precious land tiles. Since land military units spawn from encampment districts I think it's fair to assume that naval units will spawn from your harbour, allowing you to build a navy, trade fleet, and work boats all without even having your city directly on the coast.

Of course, that's just speculation for now, but it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

6. Ryuu Falconwing

Ryuu Falconwing Chieftain

I cann't imagine you'd be able to be very tall. You'd lose out on farmland due to building extra districts and you would have to be very choosy with wonders.

7. GenjiKhan

GenjiKhan Emperor

One city challenges will depend way more on the initial location . Depending on how they rework trade routes and city-states, you'd need the OCC to be the center or the hub of a trade route network and you might need to build robust alliances with city-states close to you to fend off aggresion .

At least, on the military part, I think Civ6 has striked the ideal balance between Stacks of Doom and Carpets of Doom

8. cazaderonus

cazaderonus Actual Dad.

If not impossible. And tbh it would make sense