[C3C] One City Conquest Challenge

curtastic

Chieftain
I found this to be a fun challenge. Win by conquest without building any other cities. You have to destroy the world! Has anyone here tried that?

This is a random map, all one continent. You are the Arabs and you start with ivory, which is crucial.

Civ: Arabs
Difficulty: Monarch
Map size: Normal
Map topology: Pangaea
Rivals: 7
Barbarians: Normal

Rules:
No building cities except your capital.
When you defeat a city you have to choose Raze the city.
If you get a city any other way you must abandon it immediately.
You are allowed to demand cities for peace but you must abandon them immediately.
You must win by conquest.
No reloading.
You won't be able to build armies since you have only 1 city. You can't take any actions in between receiving cities and abandoning them.

Attachments

• 0challengeconqueststart.SAV
    42 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Spoiler My first attempt spoiler: :

On my first try I won but I was barely able to keep all the other civs at bay. As soon as I razed a few cities I'd make peace asking for more cities, then declare war on someone else. I kept doing that and the civs kept regrowing. I managed prevent anyone from completing the Temple of Artemis and the Great Wall the entire game. So civs would keep trying to build wonders, and their shields would be wasted when I raze the city before they finish. I did most of the work before getting Ansar Warriors, and before getting my golden age.

I first built a warrior and a temple, then immediately the Statue of Zeus, prebuilding it with the Pyramids. I probably should have built another scout first.

Oh and I should have built the captial one tile northeast, because then it would get 2 more bonus grassland. It probably doesn't matter much though because I was building horseman almost the entire game and couldn't get it to produce 30 shields in a turn, only 20, so I was wasting 10 each time.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Army-Editor.jpg
    Army-Editor.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 320
Top Bottom