One civ alone - space victory - earliest launch

rmontaruli

Prince
In a map, with a civ alone, no other civs, with space victory only, what is the earliest date for launch?

There is a teorical earliest date: 4 turns of research for each technology.
But in the ancient time is hard to get technology each 4 turns (do not mind of free technologies from villages).
Then, you should count some turns of anarchy to change to another government (may be Republic).
Last, you must optimize space ship production in order to build the last part of the ship the some turn of the last tech.

What is the best strategy?
What is the earliest date?
What is the best civ to play such a game (Scientific and Religious i think) ?

See u.

never tried it, but it depends on world size (number of cities available)
i think that level would play a part.

for faster research, i would use science farms in all out of core towns (irrigate everything. have ICS towns. use all pop over 3 as scientists).
the core will build the SS parts.
build all science doubling wonders.

as i have seen and done SS wins in about 1000ad, i guess you could do that on the same time table.
the lack of AI will allow you to dedicate efforts to expansion and science, but without the AI research and trading it slows you, so i guess its an even trade here

I've never tried it either, but I should think Scientific and Commercial. Religious will save a few turns of anarchy, but you're only likely to do that once. The higher OCN of commercial will reduce corruption and you'll have more gold to fund your research. Industrious might be good too for speeding up the roads that create gold for research.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

Sci+Com on a huge Pan map, with one other opponent (also Sci+Com) starting in the middle of a 9-tile desert island (they'll never grow beyond Pop 1, so no settlers, ever, and all techs researched will be at first-time prices).

Chieftan level of course for max OCN, max happiness, min tech costs.
Huge means an even bigger OCN, commercial even more.

Top Bottom