One Crazy Game... and a sea borne strategy

Divi Filus

Chieftain
I was playing Spanish, I declared independence and the first wave landed, they were polished off easily and I awaited the second wave, building dragoons as we waited... and waited... and waited...

My only eastern coastal city was Isabella, on the leeward (westerly) side of a small island of natives... As I wondered what they heck was going on with the King of Spain... I notice his MOW's sailing in circles, between my Fortress of Isabella and the Isle of the Tupi... around and around they went, unable to find their way home...

This was a major problem, there was 30 turns left, and I had NO NAVY! I was going to get BUGGED out of a victory.

Isabella was quickly retooled for ship production and build 1 SOL, and 1 FRIGATE, when a MOW came into range the FRIGATE was sacrificed and the MOW went to the bottom, my SOL retreated to Isabella to heal... quickly discovered that a privateer was a cheaper sacrificial lamb....

2 turns left not enough time for another privateer, but, the last naval battle gives rise to a great general... I removal ALL troops from Isabella (about 30 dragoons/ artys) and pair up the general and the SOL, promote it to Vet 5, and sink the MOW when she comes into my boarders with 1 turn left I WIN....

yeah odd...I had a similar game except I was up against several of the kings ships and they never landed their 2nd wave ...I made a post in the bugs section. That cant be normal that they would just sail around in circles and never land their final REF. right???

I would use Privateers instead of frigates against the king. MOW get a 50% bonus against Frigates but not privateers.

I would use Privateers instead of frigates against the king. MOW get a 50% bonus against Frigates but not privateers.

well yeah but I doubt many people build enough ships to take out all the kings MOWs in a game...personally I dont even try at all. So I had no ships to fight with except my galleon...even if I had several ships I would have needed many many more to take them all out.
Again, bug, right?

I Agree, a bug.
Assuming that the King is a) rational and b) wants to kick your ass, it would be irrational of him to order his flottila to sail in circles.

IRL, ships may of couse be lost; but will eventually find their way. This does not seem to be the case here.

Top Bottom