One Era scenario's

Hrothbern

Deity
Retired Moderator
Players, AI's, Barbarians and CS can only use units, policies and buildings of just 1 Era. The whole scenario.

Are they available ? Or perhaps only as mods ? Or perhaps it was in an earlier CIV version and no succes ?

The reason I would like it, is that I would like to play a full scenario with the same set of military units. Try out moves and tactics. Learn/exercise to play them to the full potential.

Many low Era units are outdated pretty fast by the speed of the Technology moving on.
In marathon speed this effect is smallest, but at normal speed, where development and cost are 3 times higher than marathon, the turns needed for the logistics of the battles are not scaled with a factor 3 (not doable) and any longer campaign needs settlers in your armies for forward cities to upgrade your units.

I am currently trying out all kinds of strategies for the 6otM 12 with Cleopatra.
I first tried the special Egyptian Chariot Archers, looked cool, but turned out to be far less effective. Expensive to build (=> walls are up before you have enough) and they upgrade to Crossbows.
High score is achieved by a forward city close to the USA, make 3-4 warriors, rush to the technology to upgrade to swordsmen and find iron, save up money, upgrade, attack and eliminate USA on your continent.
Nothing Egyptian ancient Era really.

It also sounds cool to me to do a whole scenario with medieval units with siege towers and battering rams.

Any thoughts, comments ?

Pretty sure this has always been implemented through mods. If you browse the Steam Workshop with the keyword "era" you will find various mods that stop tech progression at specific eras, such as http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=880843004 and http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=872462589

I see that the time is not frozen, but slowed to limit to the max Era at max turns chosen.
The challenge to balance your means still there to complicate all the considerations.

Real nice
Appreciated :)

@Hrothbern Real Era Stop doesn't use any slowing-down-techniques. It removes all eras beyond the one you want to be the last one, so the progress literally ends on last era. Time passes, but you will not research any new techs, nor get any new units, etc. You can stay in that era forever, if you want.

Top Bottom