One hundred Steam achievements...

snoproblem

Chieftain
... finally.

I've been stuck at ninety-nine achievements since last Christmas. I finally broke the slump with 'Capture Of Brielle'. It's the one gained when a Spanish coastal city is captured by a Dutch Sea Beggar. A clever nod to history, that one.

BTW, Sea Beggars are now one of my favorite Unique Naval Units. One of the promotions is the ability to attack twice - love that. It's right up there with Korean turtle ships, British Ships Of The Line, and the Byzantine Dromon.

EDIT: 'Capture Of Brielle' is also my rarest achievement - 0.8 percent.

gratz that's impressive, half those achievements are barking mad!

I've done only 74 achievements but I cannot believew you haven't done the 'Losing my Marbles' achievement at 0.7% considering what you just achieved - dig up 5 ruins in another AI's territory quite easy that one I'd have thought... I got it!

UPDATE: I've earned three more achievements since the hundreth - 'Silent No More', which is the victory achievement for William of Orange, 'Arab Trader', trading a luxury item earned in a city with an Arabian Bazaar, and 'Built in (Almost) A Day', which is building a Wonder in a city with three trade routes supplying production hammers to it. Only the victory achievement is relatively rare - 3.3 % .

BTW, I'm going to try to achieve 'Losing My Marbles' in my current game, Beeblbrox! :goodjob:

New achievement - "Three Musketeers", earned by defeating an enemy unit with a 'musketeer' unit while in flanking bonus with two other 'musketeer' units.

"ALL FOR ONE, AND ONE FOR ALL!" ;)

I'm torn on the achievements. On one hand they seem pretty fun to try and get. On the other hand, some are, as has been noted, "barking mad". It feels ludicrous to tailor a playstyle or try to engineer a situation so outrageous just for the purpose of getting some tickmark in Steam.

Only 23, but just playing my 3rd game right now, so it´s not that bad... :)

I'm torn on the achievements. On one hand they seem pretty fun to try and get. On the other hand, some are, as has been noted, "barking mad". It feels ludicrous to tailor a playstyle or try to engineer a situation so outrageous just for the purpose of getting some tickmark in Steam.
I agree, I would make a detour of a few turns for an achievement, but building my entire game around it -never!

... finally.

I've been stuck at ninety-nine achievements since last Christmas. I finally broke the slump with 'Capture Of Brielle'. It's the one gained when a Spanish coastal city is captured by a Dutch Sea Beggar. A clever nod to history, that one.

BTW, Sea Beggars are now one of my favorite Unique Naval Units. One of the promotions is the ability to attack twice - love that. It's right up there with Korean turtle ships, British Ships Of The Line, and the Byzantine Dromon.

EDIT: 'Capture Of Brielle' is also my rarest achievement - 0.8 percent.
Hope you have achieved" Nobody expected spanish inquisition"?

Top Bottom