1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

One idea that could help with immersion when there's a new ruler

Discussion in 'Old World' started by Stringer1313, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

I love that certain archetypes (and personality traits) don't like others, especially because now there's a huge difference when your leader dies, but it's sometimes hard to notice or understand when that's happening.

When there's a new ruler, it might be nice to have some kind of narrative popup that explains all the relationship modifiers that changed due to the change in archetype (and personality traits), at least with respect to the following people:
    - heads of religions
    - other civ leaders
    - heads of families

(This can also be done when your leader adopts an archetype or changes their archetype / personality traits)

This could help with immersion and could be a lot of fun to write. (e.g., With a Commander taking over the country, the head of X religion gains newfound admiration, while the Y family, led by Bozo the Tactician, disdains, something something, -- I'm clearly not a creative writer but u get the gist)

Dayvit78 and Elhoim like this.
  2. tommh

tommh Chieftain

This is a good idea a coronation event. It could wrap up the family changes, your new rulers global effects, and any diplomacy effects and maybe a low stakes event as extra candy.

3. Stringer1313

Stringer1313 Emperor

It looks like they are already implementing a small version of this (which I am very appreciative of) - when one of your characters faces a chocie about picking a trait, it will now show you the positive and negative modifiers on key people.

However, i think the latest patch they have now been having characters acquire traits (or "adjectives") much more randomly and quickly, and it'd be nice also to show what those changes' impact will have on their relationship to you specifically (don't have to show their relationshisp with other people, just you the leader)