One important alarm....

obsolete

Deity
Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past.. but when hitting End-Turn on the last turn of a golden-age, it would be nice to give a pop-up "Are you sure?" when ever the player is still legally allowed to switch civics or religion.

I think we've all been burned by this mishap dozens of times.

Not sure if hijacking the EndTurn-button is possible but it would really be helpful to at least get a warning when a Golden Age is about to end at EndTurnReady (button turning red).

I don't think I can intercept the pressing of the button, but I did add an event to BUG (EndTurnReady) during which I could trigger a Civ4lert or popup, or do as I do with reminders and put text in the flashing text saying, "Woah now, let's change those civics!" :D

I did add an event to BUG (EndTurnReady) during which I could trigger a Civ4lert or popup, or do as I do with reminders and put text in the flashing text saying, "Woah now, let's change those civics!" :D
Sweet EF. :goodjob:

I have used the Alt+M feature (is that called CivAlerts?) to keep track of this, since the first time I burped it.

With that said, this is a copy of what I posted over in the FAQ, figured it has to do with the same feature so I will copy it here:

Alt + M for messages is very cool. One question though, is there anywhere to take a look at the schedule of messages that are upcoming? Just wondering if I can avoid duplicating some of them as I have a tendency of doing.

I wasn't real sure about where to post this originally, so if this is a double post or some other breach of forum protocol, please let me know and I won't repeat the mistake. Thanks.

@Bloodstone - No worries, I answered that question where you posted it. The reminders is actually a separate feature (Reminder mod) from Civ4lerts, but I expect many players equate them. Civ4lerts is about the game telling you about things without you having to set up a reminder. An alert when the GA is about to end falls under Civ4lerts (it would be automatic), but for now setting up a reminder is the only way to be alerted about it.

Thanks Emporer, for the clarification there and here. Like the Alt+M messages I have found that the Civ4lerts, are a great informational enhancement.

I don't think I can intercept the pressing of the button, but I did add an event to BUG (EndTurnReady) during which I could trigger a Civ4lert or popup, or do as I do with reminders and put text in the flashing text saying, "Woah now, let's change those civics!" :D
hmm - maybe something more general like ... "This is the last turn of your golden age" ... there are a number of things that you might want to do during the last turn, not just swap civics.

ruff_hi;9964311]hmm ... in that case, here are some other alternatives ...

[*]don't panic, don't panic The Democratic Caucus

[*]the sky is falling The Republican Caucus

[*]run for the hills What the rest of the country is doing

:lol: Couldn't resist

Top Bottom