One More Turn: Legends of Civilization

WildWeazel

Carthago Creanda Est

Almost exactly five years ago I began a humble thread in Civ3 Stories & Tales called One More Turn Theatre, inspired by the Final Fantasy parody 8-Bit Theater. Unlike other Civ stories it did not cover a game, but the game- the whole playing experience of Civilization, presented in comic strip narrative form.

OMTT followed a hypothetical and hyperbolic game wherein a Settler, Worker, and Scout found themselves lost in a patch of tundra in 4000 BC and set off to build an empire to stand the test of time. The comic featured many in-jokes, running gags, and a moderately continuous storyline. It quickly gained a devoted band of follwers, and to my disbelief it became one of the 10 most popular Civilization stories in CFC history.

Unfortunately, after many delays, much civil disorder, and even an extended thead closing, I found myself lacking the ideas and motivation to continue. After a modest 47 episodes and 2 1/2 years, I left our band of fanatics victorious after repelling a major invasion, but standing at the edge of the unknown world as various new nations appeared on their horizon.

This both is and is not their story.

:thanx: :woohoo: :bowdown: :clap: :worship: :drool: [party] :dance: :band: :beer: :sheep: :bounce: :banana: :ninja: :cheers: :high5: :w00t: :popcorn: :spear: :c5happy:

You are awesome. I think I'm gonna go re-read some of OMTT's awesomeness now.

So, will this be using Civ 5 stuff, or what?

Subbed after reading the whole original.

Yay!
OMTT Returns!
[party]:band:[party]:salute::w00t::popcorn:

DT

One More Turn, we`re gonna` pla-a-a-a-hay, oh yeah, alright, and start the clickin`
One more turn, we`re gonna` pla-a-a-a-hay, oh yeah.. One More Turn!

Make this the title song ;D

A whole new story begins! :D

Colour me signed in!

I can't wait.

:clap:[party]:band:[party]:clap:

So, when does the story begin? :)

Oh. Duh. :blush:

Top Bottom