1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

One of my biggest frustration with CIv 5 Wonders

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by apocalypse105, Feb 23, 2012.

1. apocalypse105

apocalypse105 Chieftain

One thing that irritates me with civ 5 is that wonders are olmost impossible to get on higher difficulties and on the lower ones prince and king you can allways get the ones you want

Is it just me or is there something wrong her with the gamemechanic?

I often find myself in a situation where the wonders go extremely early and its olmost impossible to build the wonders. Or I found myself in a situation where those wonders go pretty late.

Anybody else found that you basicly ignore wonders at higher difficulties? which seams kinda stupid in my opinion. What do you thinx of this game mechanic?

I have the feeling that in other civilization series especially 4 you actually could build wonders into you're strategy if you had the start for it.
    In civ neah.

2. FeiLing

FeiLing Chieftain

If there are like 8 Civs on the planet, how can you expect to be getting more than 1/8 of the wonders? Obviously everyone will/should be going for the best/most beneficial wonders first (luckily for you the AI doesn't really do that, however they have tech advantages).

The problem simply is that if you go for a wonder and get beaten to it, you wasted like 15 turns and can basically trash the game... so it's kinda true - only wonders you'll build in a deity game are probably via an great engineer.

3. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

I don't like playing on Deity because I'm overly enamored of the early-game wonders, which are pretty much impossible to snag without astronomically good luck. Still, I can't hold that against the game. It's Deity, after all. With a focused approach, you can still get key wonders for a variety of strategies at Deity, just not the GL or Pyramids--or anything before Hagia Sophia, probably.